Earth Elemental Shrine

(Lorenzoderijcke) #1

Earth Elemental Shrine by Lorenzo de Rijcke on Sketchfab

Hi all

I am currently working on a environment scene, it is a earth elemental in his shrine on the mountain.

the earth elemental itself is based on some artwork i found on pinterest

and now im trying to create a environment for it.
Below you can see the rough look i am trying to go for, it is still very early and I will try to update this post regularly.

critique and feedback is welcome.

(Dark Minaz) #2

Oh nice idea, might look at the warcraft to that for some additional ideas if you get stuck.

Id leave his eyes both the same (the left) but loose some of the symmetry on the rocks (i men a bit more) also i would maybe change a few things from the concept, like connecting the parts so he doesn't look like magic floating pebbles (like how you did the spine).
The scene is off to a rather nice start, i like your idea with the little bridge. Might make the hill more like a mountain, since he is a earth elemental, kinda like in your sketch.

Looking forward to updates on this :smile:

(Lorenzoderijcke) #3

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback :smile: appreciate it ! i reworked some the arm a bit and it looks like this now.

I will incorporate the glowing stones into the arm in the future as well.

(Dark Minaz) #4

Looks cooler this way, sure some magic holds the pieces but this way he looks more like "Mr. (dwain) Rock" rather than "mr. floating pebbles"
And the eyes make him a bit more serious. And the genie arm ring helps to show a form of magic (if you make it in silver it would give a nice contrast to the stone later) good idea

Few more glow pieces are good but try not to overdo them, 1 in each arm and maybe one in the leg if you do one (or in the snake like leg "V")

(Lorenzoderijcke) #5

Small update:
Added two bracelets to the earth elemental to create contrast later on in the texture.

and the overall changes to the scene itself.

made the scene look more like a mountain (previous it was more looking like a hill).

Additionally i tried to explore the art style I am planning to pursue.

more updates coming soon.