Edge Import Texture Not Working

bug-report

(Acornbringer) #1

In Edge, when I go to import a texture, it allows me to brows for a file but when I select it, it does not appear in the imported texture manager inside Sketchfab. This problem is persistent and happens every time I try importing textures using Edge.

Is this something the team is aware of?

(Mauricesvay) #2

@acornbringer Thanks for reporting the issue. We'll try to fix as soon as possible if the bug is confirmed.

(Mauricesvay) #3

@acornbringer texture import is working here in Microsoft Edge 20.10240.16384.0.
We will need your help to find the issue:

• can you send me the link of the model?
  • what format is the texture? PNG/JPG usually work best. If you could send me the file, it would be even better
  • can you open the "F12 Developer tools" and see if you see any error in the console?

(Acornbringer) #4

It's very consistent for me so I don't think its model related. I just tried with a simple cube and I get the same problem.

I don't get any errors in the console when I attempt to import the textures but I think I might have found something to help narrow down the problem though:

My texture is a 64x64 png. When I try to upload the png it doesn't import like before (using both the "Import" button from the "Materials" tab and the "Import" button from the "Textures" window) but when I upload something a bit larger like a 512x512 png, that file uploads with no problem then my 64x64 textures are able to upload from that point on.

When I first open the draft I do get this list of errors in the console. This is before editing the scene at all and just opening it right after upload:

Once I get the textures to import using that method I stated before, I get the following errors when aplying them to the cube. The first error is when I apply the 64x64 png (Blue texture) and the second error is when I apply the 512x512 png (Sandy Texture).

Thanks and I hope this helps smile

(Mauricesvay) #5

Hi @acornbringer,

we managed to reproduce the bug and we'll try to fix it as soon as we can.
Meanwhile, your best option is to use another browser (like Chrome) to upload your textures.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

(Bjoershol) #6

I have a related problem, only with Chrome.

Noticed that if I import a texture in "Manage Textures" in the editor and remove it, the same texture won't import to any material unless I rename the texture before importing.

Not a huge issue, and I have the same problem in a lot of other softwares, but thought I could mention it.

edit---

Wow, 2 years later! Didn't realize this was so old. :slight_smile:

(Acornbringer) #7

Hi bjoershol!

I would open another topic for that one :slight_smile: It sounds like a Sketchfab-side issue though. Maybe something changed in a recent update having to do with how the site keeps track of all the media being uploaded.

In the mean time, you could also try another browser but with your particular issue, I'm not so sure that will be the case.

Best of luck!

P.S. Posting in a 2 year old thread just shows you did some good digging before asking :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Bart) split this topic #8

A post was split to a new topic: How do I import a texture