Embeds on Medium.com

(Chaitanyak) #1

I've been posting some of my DIYs and tutorials from instructables to Medium..
eg: https://medium.com/@chaitanyak/how-to-3d-sculpt-in-your-web-browser-beb8f1daf9de

they do have an embed/code option in their posts.. but it doesn't seem to actually embed the viewer.. just shows the code stuck_out_tongue

will write to them as well.. but in case there's something you can do from your side.. would be great. thanks

(Chaitanyak) #2

Never mind.. its an issue with their ui..
you have to hit enter after you paste and wait for it to populate..

Cool tutorial, thanks for sharing smile

Glad you got the embed working!

(Bart) #4

Very nice Chaitainya! I almost published it on BlenderNation but then I noticed it's a little over a year and a half old already smile If you ever have any new Blender work or tutorials that you think are 'news worthy', please let me know!

(Chaitanyak) #5

Heh yup it's quite old..
Was trying out medium's publishing capabilities with my old instructables posts when I thought of trying a Sketchfab embed

(Bart) #6

Are you still writing tutorials?

(Chaitanyak) #7

whenever i find the time.

In fact my blog started that way.. the first posts were done when i was playing with new software and meant as tutorials for myself in case i forgot how to do something
eg: how to edit the grub boot sequence
(something i did everytime i installed a linux distro.. but couldnt remember how to)

and also to document and keep track of the custom firmware i was running on my psp.. so that i didnt brick it by installing something incompatible..

eventually it became more specific to 3dsmax and then blender

(Bart) #8

Wow so cool! I checked and I featured you once on BlenderNation in 2011! WAY before we met here..

Please feel free to post your new blogposts on 3d graphics and 3d printing etc here on the forum, of course smile

(Chaitanyak) #9

yes that was quite an ego boost for me back then, thanks!!

ps: by the way Blendernation turned down a number of my earlier substandard submissions.. i was just learning blender back then..
the bittersweet experience pushed me to work harder, and hone my skills.. thanks for that! wink

(Bart) #10

Heh sorry about that. I get SO many news submissions I need to be picky smile Glad to hear it helped you become a better writer!