[ENDED] Sketchfab 3D Editor Challenge: Sea Keep

(Bart) #1

For this challenge, we want you to use just the Sketchfab 3D Editor to make adjustments to the look and feel of Artjoms Horosilovs’ Sea Keep “Lonely Watcher” model. Your entries will be judged on how well you make use of the many features that the 3D Editor has to offer and the overall effect that you create.

Wondering what’s possible with the 3D Editor? Check out our 3D Settings help page to learn more or pick up some clever tips that you might not have known!

For full prize and rule details be sure to read the blog post:

https://blog.sketchfab.com/sketchfab-3d-editor-challenge-sea-keep/

(Callum Park) #2

Interesting challenge. I’ll be looking to make the scene dark and gloomy.

(Callum Park) #3

Posted!

(Lorenzo Mugianesi) #4

I went spooky and spectral for mine, switched some textures around, added sopt lights and played with emission/opacity

(Bart) #6

@CallumPark looks good, but you should update your camera position.

@lorenzo.mugianesi awesome concept, I love it!

(Ergoni) #7

the storm is approaching
Here my participation :3

(Fat Of The Land) #8

Really cool model! This is my setup.

(Francoisespagnet) #9

This is the night…

(Francoisespagnet) #10

I changed usage of some textures. I Changed many materials parameters (roughness, emissive…).
I used 3 lights
I added HDRI from HDRI haven https://hdrihaven.com/hdri/?c=night&h=satara_night_no_lamps
Activated in post process :

• Screen space reflection (optional)
  • grain (a lot of)
  • Depth of field
  • Sharpness
  • Vignette
  • Bloom
  • Tone Mapping (using Filmic)
  • Color Balance

(Pippy J) #12

Here we go. Looks like I’m not alone with the whole night theme. But here is my take anyway! Good fun, I love using the editing tools! Everyone’s work looks great!

(Virgile Maratrey) #13

Here’s mine !!
I wanted to it looks like if it was not on the hearth.
Melancholic and dramatic atmosphere.
Color inspiration : Furi

Enjoy !

(Francoisespagnet) #14

Day 2

• add SSAO
  • change colors
  • change lights positions
  • Add music (credits in description)
  • Add sounds
  • add vr support

(Bart) #15

Quick reminder for everyone: you can ONLY re-use what’s already in the model! You can’t add any new material to your scene - that includes sounds.

(Lorenzo Mugianesi) #16

Alright, got rid of the sound! :smiley:

(Mique) #17

Here my submission, going for a dark eerie feel to it.
Changed the sky texture to the water texture to get a some subtle spooky clouds.

(Francoisespagnet) #18

The original model have a particular HDRI or we can change it ?

(Oscar Trejo) #19

I wanted to play with the settings of sketchfab too so this was perfect to experiment
“Before Dawn”

Before Dawn by OscarTrejo on Sketchfab

(Davidrfloyd) #20

I decided on a sunset scene, just before twilight. I moved the camera to suggest the viewer is approaching the island at sunset, hopefully to suggest a bit of context for the presentation. I also changed the focal length of the camera for the shot. My first attempt with the editor.

(Spliter) #22

(Elmisterca) #23

I started playing with the maps and came up with a ghostly effect, and when I decided to post here I saw someone who made the same, anyway, here is my entry!