[ENDED] Sketchfab 3D Editor Challenge: Shift Happens

This week we challenge you to download Shift Happens – Forest Diorama, upload it to your Sketchfab account, and adjust the settings in Sketchfab’s 3D Editor to give the model an entirely new look and feel.

Share your vision for the scene and give/get feedback on the challenge topic in the Forum. And check out all the entries in the tag gallery!

3 Likes

Good afternoon,
Are we allowed to modify the textures in Photoshop?

Regards.

1 Like

No, you’re not allowed to upload any new files. For this challenge you’re limited to using our 3D editor only.

1 Like

Just found out that these challenges were even a thing, here’s my 1st idea for this challenge I might iterate more on it. The idea for this was to create a dreamscape.

3 Likes

I want to try a depressive mood

3 Likes

I wanted to notice. a rock in the back of the scene has no texture in the original

Another entry. a small magic forest

That’s even fun. Unfortunately I have hardly any ideas at the moment

3 Likes

This is my entry for the Sketchfab 3D Editor Challenge: Shift Happens.
My approach is to dematerialize the bold low poly structures by turning the whole scene into a hologram. To have a constant glitchy effect type of realtime rendering which even gets stronger when the animation is running. The normally bold and static feel of the scene gets intangible and vague. Only when the animation is stoped , the two other characters are visible through the body of the main character Plom. The dithered opacity with the right amount of emmision creates this holographic, x-rayish look. To make this stronger i applied an overdose of sharpness and a little dose of chromatic aberration… In VR and AR the viewer should feel like in a real hologram.

5 Likes

This is my entry, title: Goodbye.
The moment of these last 2 and only color living beings soon to vanish from this monochrome world.
I added settings for the post process in this scene: E.g chromatic, bloom and tone mapping

2 Likes

Here’s my entry:

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

My entry, Garden of Spirits

1 Like

My version

2 Likes

Another entry “Forest of shattered glass”

Why do a lot of people make a night scene? :confused:

one more try… first day of spring

1 Like

Here is my take to the Shift Happens Challenge!

Another approach to dematerialize the model and give it a more abstract look and feel…
I wanted to show different possibilities of perception in the same model…
Please use autopilot…or move around freely to get always new abstract “paintings”…

I have updated my entry and made it look like its winter time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Here is my entry. I wanted to give an old movie feel to it, so I edited the color balance and tonal settings, and gave it a bit of animated grain. This was fun! I might do another one!

1 Like