[ENDED] Sketchfab 3D Modeling Challenge: Vending Machines

vendingmachine
modeling
challenge

(Nebulousflynn) #1

Automated, convenient, practical. We’ve probably all used a vending machine to buy something at some point – but what if there were machines for more than just drinks and snacks? That’s what we want to imagine in this month’s free-form 3D modelling challenge – the vending machine of your dreams!

What will it vend? Top hats? Treasure maps? Happiness? Will it vend 1,000,000 kinds of chocolate? Who knows! Only you! Tag your model VendingMachineChallenge.

Be sure to read the announcement blog post for the rules, prizes and more:

(Nat The Witch) #2

I’m doing this ! I think I’m going to make a book vending machine !

(Nebulousflynn) #3

Sounds awesome! :books:

I think I saw an ‘art’ vending machine in Germany once…

(Icebox X708) #4

This will be a sword dispenser for emergencies, like those for umbrellas, just for emergency orc stabbing and not sudden rain…:smiling_imp:

(Nat The Witch) #5

Ooooh that’s really cool too !

(Cchastainuvu) #6

I’m not sure what mine will vend just yet, but I’ll most definitely participate in this, if I can. Seems like fun! :upside_down_face:

(Makzutheamazing) #7

A vending machine that dispenses cars. Real cars.

(Rxcrcfllptrs) #8

Excited to work on my idea for this contest! I’ve been thinking of a pie dispenser, like the kind in old cartoons or slapstick comedies.

(Justinww) #9

Hey, don’t forget me! I’m gonna get in on some of this action. Been looking for an opportunity to show off my skills :stuck_out_tongue:

I think I’m going to make a corgi dispenser. It seems like an appropriate and necessary thing to make.

(Justinww) #10

Don’t worry about the animal rights complexities. They’re taken care of. Plus, I’ll make the prices super low so they all receive owners immediately :slight_smile:

(Its Izen) #11

Well. I was looking for a good way to test my skills and here it is. Will try to make some steampunk hats vending machine.

(Nebulousflynn) #12

books :books: pies :pie: corgis :dog2: cars :oncoming_automobile: swords :crossed_swords: hats :tophat:

– everything the modern human needs quick and easy access too! :grin:

I can’t wait to see how all of these ideas progress!

(Seenoise) #13

A minute of black comedy.
I was interested in making my own design of suicide box(not like in Futurama).
Can it be considered as kind of vending? :thinking:

(Nebulousflynn) #15

I guess so - it’s a very dark topic tho!

(Nat The Witch) #16

Reminds me of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Syw8q4vgc3A

(Andy Begg) #17

Still got to add the Top Secret Items into the machine, but apart from some tweaking I think the outside is just about done.

(Kloworks) #18

I am planning for sushi vending machine.:grin:
this is my first challenge I hope I can finish it.

(Icebox X708) #19

next step, still missing the turn mechanism and the swords of course.

(Laurer1990) #20

Here some screenshots of my little guy who just want to have some trousers :upside_down_face:
Stay tuned, its all just WIP yet

Good Luck for the weekly challenge everyone (=

Cheers
Chris

(Laurer1990) #21

And now i have the final version in Sketchfab (=
Waiting for the results

Cheers
Chris