[ENDED] Sketchfab 3D Scan Challenge: Food

scanning
food

(Nebulousflynn) #1

Don’t play with your food - scan it! This month’s scan challenge is for all the gastronomically inclined - we want you to share your favourite dish in glorious 3D. Maybe it’s your grandma’s famous spaghetti Bolognese, your favourite dessert, an order from your local takeaway restaurant - if you can eat it, why not scan it?

TL;DR: Scan your favourite food, upload it to Sketchfab and tag it #foodscanchallenge

Read the full details and rules on the blog

(3dhdscan) #2

Hi, first try :slight_smile:

(Chbenj1975) #3

I will scan a delicious Moon cake, because today is mid autumn day (in China, not in Chile) :wink:

(Klymer41) #4

Hello, I would like to offer my friend’s fantastic cappuccino cupcake to the scan challenge

(Nebulousflynn) #5

tasty!

(Nebulousflynn) #6

I look forward to seeing the results!

(Grihan) #7

Hi there! some meatballs freshly cooked, uncleaned raw version, as my first try. This weekend I’ll upload the cleaned version

(Grihan) #8

Another one. This is a typical spanish dessert called “Torrijas”.His origin comes from the Middle Ages, and it is typical to be consumed in Easter. But as its main ingredient is hard bread, yesterday my wife decided to cook it so as not to waste bread :).
Clean version this weekend!

(Chbenj1975) #9

Hi, this is my entry.

(Twitte King) #10

Not super excited as food goes, but thought i would get the ball rolling with more entries!!
It a very common snack in Hong Kong!
Koala’s March

32 pics with my canon 500D, medium cloud density. night time, indoor, a white led light over head in a room.

(3dhdscan) #11

Hi, some new things…

(Smallpoly) #12

3dhdscan is doing some really stellar work here. :smiley:

I’m doing vegetables. I won’t have time to finish all the ones I did serious shots for, but a few are done to a reasonable quality:

Really love how my gourd came out.

Garlic is pretty okay too, though the root side is a little soft on the details.

The ginger is a little soft all over, but that was only using one of the rows of photos, so I may come back to it with the rest in the future.

(Smallpoly) #13

Oh, and here are few shots of my camera and lighting setup.

(Nebulousflynn) #14

Nice scans and thanks for the peep at your setup - the big ring light looks neat!

(Nebulousflynn) #15

Challenge almost over - be sure to check out the latest entries on the tag feed: Sketchfab

(Grihan) #16

Another one. Raw version again, I hope I can upload the clean version in few hours, before the time limit…

A mix of cold cuts: cheese, “chorizo” and “fuet”.Chorizo (the red one) is a type of pork sausage that use natural casings made from intestines, very typical in Spain and Portugal. Fuet is a spanish dry cured, sausage of pork meat in a pork gut, typical from Catalonia region.

(Nebulousflynn) #17

:speaking_head:Thanks everyone!

###The challenge is officially over, judges will be reviewing the entries this week and the winner will be announced on Friday.

(Grihan) #18

A quick retouched version, with PBR textures. Many fixes to do, but I have no time before the challenge ends…

(Nebulousflynn) #19

:ice_cream::fried_shrimp:Hey everyone - we had 39 entries in this competition, the judges have looked through them all and picked a winner.:custard::tangerine:

:speaking_head: The winner of this month’s Scanning Challenge is…

2nd Buns from local Bakery
3rd Food in 3D - Bread 01

:pizza:Thanks to everyone who took part! :hamburger: