[ENDED] Sketchfab 3D Scanning Challenge: Culture and Tradition Scanning

Share your culture and traditions in 3D with this week’s photogrammetry challenge, sponsored by CapturingReality. Whether it’s your culture and traditions or somebody else’s, select something that tells a story.

Full rules and prize details can be found in the blog announcement:

2 Likes

Hello,

I filled out the form to received RealityCapture PPI Credits for the sketchfab challenge yesterday. How many days should we expect for a response from the RC team?

Thanks,
Taylor

Hi Taylor (@fruittart). You should have received an email containing the code from community@sketchfab.com earlier today. Maybe it ended up in your spam folder?

1 Like

Is there a limit to the texture resolution?

Such amazing entries! The judges had their work cut out for them, but they’ve selected a winner.

And the winner is...

Chinese censer by @Giebel

Here’s what the judges had to say about it:

“Very detailed, complex 3D model with nice textures and fits nicely to the theme of the challenge.” - Jana from CapturingReality

“A well optimized and complete scan, the normal map contributing nicely to the surface detail. The material setup re-uses the color map in other channels (metalness, roughness) to pleasing effect. The scene set up is simple yet effective - a really nice piece of photogrammetry, shot on an iPhone no less!” - Tom (@nebulousflynn)

3 Likes

Wow, thanks a lot. I am very happy that you have decided for my model.
I am looking forward to the next #ScanningChallenge.

2 Likes