[ENDED] Sketchfab 3D Scanning Challenge: Hands! 👋

(Nebulousflynn) #1

High five! We use our prehensile, multi-fingered appendages everyday so let’s celebrate the awesome result of millions of years of evolution – this week’s 3D scanning challenge asks you to 3D scan a hand!

Be sure to read the full announcement and rules on the blog:
https://blog.sketchfab.com/sketchfab-3d-scanning-challenge-hands

(Nebulousflynn) #2

3D scanning a hand is hard! Using my regular capture process (admittedly with a much crappier camera) is yielding some terrible results

Makes me even more impressed with the results I’m seeing being posted in the tag feed!

(Nebulousflynn) #3

nope nope nope - without time to figure out a proper capture set up and a willing subject … this is all I could manage :upside_down_face:

(Letsrock85) #4

It was a fun time with my friend, ho’s provided me his hand :slight_smile:

wip - trying to finish asap. The whole idea is pretty funny but not sure if i have enough time to do all the work.

thanks!

(Nebulousflynn) #5

:raised_hands::call_me_hand::ok_hand: Thanks everyone! :raised_hand::open_hands::handshake::raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

The challenge is now over and we’ll announce the winner soon!

(Nebulousflynn) #6

Aaaaaand the winner is…

Hand of a Mother by noe-3d.at

:clap::clap::clap:A big hand (sorry) to everyone for taking part :clap::clap::clap:

(Letsrock85) #7

Ofcource! Totally Agree!

Congrats!

(Www Noe 3d At) #8

I will meet my mother today, she will be very happy to know that her hand has won. A big thank you to all have given a LIKE and of course to the jury :slight_smile: