[ENDED] Sketchfab 3D Scanning Challenge: Kitchen Ware

This week we challenge you to 3D scan something related to food preparation and serving, upload your model to Sketchfab, and tag it #KitchenScanChallenge. Whether you choose to include food or drink in your scan is entirely up to you.

Full rules and prize details can be found in the blog announcement:

3 Likes

Hello everyone, here’s my first scan for this challenge ! An antique jug. It is well preserved and I really like the “pulled-back neck” shape, so I thought I’d give it a try even though it is very poorly lit in the Musée du Louvre.

1 Like

Hi, all!

This is a prehistoric flint knife made by the adena people, better known as the mound-builders (an ancient civilization in the Americas that we know very little about).

It’s one of many in my collection, but this is by far the nicest one I’ve got due to the beautiful material. Knives like this were used for a lot of things, but I’m sure food preparation was one of them =)

Adena Snapped Base by 𝐹𝒶𝓈𝓉𝓁𝑒𝒶𝓇𝓃𝑒𝓇 on Sketchfab

1 Like

Hi, shadows44!

I was wondering… I can see your model “in your post”… how do you do that? I included a link to my model in my post, but I didn’t see any kind of options for embedding the model itself into the post.
(I’m new at this)
Thanks!
(nice model by the way👍)

Hello Festlearner, just including the link (url) should work :

3 Likes

Ah, I see… Great, thanks!

Here is my entry. As already mentioned in the description, I took a piece of my local tradition/culture:

2 Likes

My entry is antique, but it is used in a different form in every modern kitchen today.

1 Like

I made a photogrammetry scan of an old Polish jug. Enjoy!

1 Like

This was a challenging subject, and you all submitted some really great entries. Well done! :shallow_pan_of_food:

And the winner is...

Tea Set by @3dhdscan

Here’s what the judges had to say about it:

“An ambitious capture carried off very successfully - it’s clear that a lot of care went into the scan as well as the post processing, I can almost smell the green tea!” - Tom (@nebulousflynn)

“Beautiful scan, perfectly executed.” - Mieke (@miekeroth)

“Beautiful model, excellent 3D scan, excellent texture. Very professional.” - Geoffrey (@geoffreymarchal)

“Great execution of a challenging subject. Nice job optimizing and post-processing, as well.” - Abby (@abbyec)

2 Likes