[ENDED] Sketchfab 3D Scanning Challenge: Something From Your Street #mystreet3dscan

scanning

(Nebulousflynn) #1

Please use this thread to post your submissions to the challenge - scan something interesting/strange/funny in your street, upload it to Sketchfab and add the #mystreet3dscan tag to it.
~ nebulouslynn :slight_smile:

For more information on the challenge, including prizes, check out the blog:

(Bart) #2

I'm in! The weather is awesome today so I'll definitely go for a walk around the block to see what I can find.

(Chaitanyak) #3

what do you scan with @bartv ?

(Bart) #4

I'm a 'low budget' scanner :slight_smile: I just grab my iPhone 6 or Galaxy S6 (which actually seems to make better pictures), process in Agisoft PhotoScan and clean up in Blender.

(Reiver3 D) #5

I'm in!

Just published the church at the end of our road - it's not perfect but not bad for a wet cloudy day in Scotland :slight_smile:

(Nebulousflynn) #6

oh wow - epic!

I took the opportunity when the sun went in earlier to grab some photos of something a bit smaller :slight_smile:

"Nothing to see here, just a guy taking 100 photos of a post box..." :smile:

(Reiver3 D) #7

I can submit a second smaller entry once the rain goes off :slight_smile:

(Vibrantnebula) #8

Here is a scan of my street. Too literal :stuck_out_tongue: ?

(Scottneb) #9

Brilliant.

Makes me want to go rent a good macro lens.

(Nebulousflynn) #10

haha :smile:

what's the scale here?

(Nebulousflynn) #11

My entry - it's quite handy that this is just outside my building :incoming_envelope: :postbox: :slight_smile:

PhotoScan, 247 photos from Canon G7X processed on medium.

(Vibrantnebula) #12

@nebulousflynn The pothole is around .75 M on its long axis.
@scottneb My schooling was in microbiology so tiny things are my jam and my favorite thing to explore in VR. I haven't optimized or baked out maps for these yet but this is the type of stuff you can start to get at with a macro lens. I have a Sigma 50mm 1:2.8 that's proven to be my favorite lens by a landslide. https://skfb.ly/6oTpN and https://skfb.ly/6oJFJ

(Noxfcna) #13

Hello all !! I'm in, I just have to find the right thing to scan now !!
@nebulousflynn nice one :smiley:

(Alban) #14

Here is my entry!

(Bart) #15

Arf! I need to go out for a walk and get some scans done too :slight_smile: Very nice seeing all these pour in :+1:

Here we go!

(Wonky Kim) #17

I think this scene could be unique.
That is a barbeque house in South Korea.
We eat and drink much at those kind of houses after work.

(Wonky Kim) #19

Another place in South Korea.
This is an entrance into karaoke.
The building and karaoke is quite old.
I think it could be changed to a new shop.

(R Boissenin) #20

Here is my entry.
Not literally in my street, and not really street art (but it matches both strange/funny/interesting terms mentionned). Had to walk 10 minutes to reach this celebrity. Tell me if it is acceptable :sweat_smile: so I know I need to scan more

(Tylersorg) #21