[ENDED] Sketchfab April Challenge: Portrait from the Future

portrait-from-the-future-looking-glass-challenge-3

This month we’re once again teaming up with Looking Glass Factory to bring you an exciting challenge and some top-shelf prizes. We challenge you to draw upon your character creation skills to create a portrait from the future. Use your imagination and a splash of sci-fi to create a unique and interesting model.

Full rules and prize details can be found in the blog announcement:

3 Likes

Your visions of the future ranged from magical to haunting. The judges had a great time exploring them!

And the winners are...

First Place: Astraía by Quentin Otani (@quentinotani)

“This is both lovely and scary at the same time. I really like the materials and subtle ‘wire’ textures, as well as the bit of animation to add life to the scene.” - Bart (@bartv)

“The subtle animation here is fantastic, just generally a gorgeous piece.” - Janet and the Team at Looking Glass Factory

“This looks so powerful. Great use of texture maps and a wonderful backstory. I love the presentation and the color choice. Great work🏆” - Warkarma (@warkarma)

“This futurist porcelain doll getting alive with a steampunk style, creates a really nice composition and scene. She can be the new main virtual assistant like Siri or Cortana hehehe.” - Kevin (@KevinCayuelaBorg)

"I love the subtle animations, the color palette, and the creative and artistic approach to depicting the robot. " - Abby (@abbyec)

Second Place: A Memory by Olena (@natureintheory)

“I really like the theme and pathos of this entry. There are some really nice model and material details too, like the eyes and freckles.” - Tom (@nebulousflynn)

“I love this one. Great attention to detail, amazing composition.” - Mieke (@miekeroth)

“This is lovely, the sadness really got to me.” - Bart (@bartv)

Third Place: Girl with a pearl earring by Stev3D (@Stev_3d)

“Future take on a classic, love the textures.” - Janet and the Team at Looking Glass Factory

“Nice blend of humanism and technology. Creative concept and nice use of Sketchfab’s 3D Editor settings.” - Abby (@abbyec)

4 Likes