[ENDED] Sketchfab Challenge: Low Poly Dieselpunk

(Bart) #1

Ooh, the smell of diesel in the morning! I’m already looking forward to taking my jet-train to work today.

We’ve seen a strong interest in dieselpunk over the last few months and for this week’s challenge we want you to design your most outlandish diesel-powered contraptions.

Post your work in progress shots & final entries in this thread, and be sure to check the blog post for full rules and prize details:

(Nonlly) #2

I feel so inspired! :smiley:

(Aber Games Hub) #3

working on my Dieselpunk/Cyberpunk scene …

(Bart) #4

Nice! Inspired by Ready Player One?

(Aber Games Hub) #5

Been looking at a few inspirations, blade runner, ghost in the Shell and this artist Lincoln Hughes on ArtStation.

(Edvin Borkovskij) #6

Never heard about Dieselpunk genre before, only steampunk. Now, after realising it, my mind was blown XD. Now i have to enter this contest. Already Sketching an idea. And I’m still new towards 3D art. There are bound to be mistakes.

(Boriscargo) #7

my first sketch for this dieselpunk scene.

(Shaderbytes) #8

looks like your inspiration was bioshock infinite?

(Edvin Borkovskij) #9

A zeppelin destroyer/bomber. A heavy, slow airborne monster, it reeks havoc in the air and ground.

(Burba) #10

I’m doing a dieselpunk airplane.

(Boriscargo) #11

you are right, this as to do with Art deco, but not bioshock exactly.

(Edvin Borkovskij) #12

huh, it’s like bioshock infinite but in New York. I really wanna see how will your city turn out. Keep going dude!

(Luissanchez) #13

I feel so inspired, I’m going to create a kind of robot or maybe a vehicle I dont know yet. I’ll post my WIP here. Enjoy :slight_smile:

(Alex) #14

Hello, may be something like that - “Iron-Y” super-boat

(Burba) #15

nice idea :smiley:

(Alex) #16

Thank you! Here is a draft version

(Burba) #17

cool, but for my opinion the cylinders have too many polygons for a low poly challenge.

(Alex) #18

Maybe, but here is still only about 9.5K, and they accept 25K.
PS. In fact, it is torus, not cylinder :slight_smile: , but reduced anyway

(Aleksei Rozumnyi) #19

My scene. Need more details

(Nonlly) #20

I’ve decied to make an interior inspired by Tatsuyuki Tanaka’s art. Here is my wip.