[ENDED] Sketchfab Concept Art Challenge: Lo-Fi Study Girl

This week we challenge you to be inspired by a piece of concept art and reimagine it in your 3D art style. The concept art this time around is Juan Pablo Machado’s Lo-Fi Study Girl, created for ChilledCow’s YouTube channel. Creatively translate it to your unique style, give it new details, show us what you can do.

Full rules and prize details can be found in the blog announcement:

2 Likes

We had a lot of great entries for this one! Thanks to everyone who participated and shared their spin on Juan Pablo Machado’s work. :musical_note:

And the winner is...

Blade Runner Study Girl by volttema

Here’s what the judges had to say about it:

“I love that this entry is filled with subtle details that draw from both the concept and the Blade runner inspiration. A great idea presented in a gorgeous style!” - Phil Clark (@nomadking)

“What a nice twist, love the volumetrics!” - Phil Gosch (@saphires)

“I always reward original and creative models, this new (old) vision of the Girl is so amazing with this volumetric lights and ambiance. Maybe the back image for a Lo-fi Chill Country/blues, great work!” - Kevin (@KevinCayuelaBorg)

“Just awesome. Perfect ambiance, great solution with the volumetric lights.” - Mieke (@miekeroth)

“A complete change of mood and aesthetic but the lo-fi girl premise is still clearly apparent. The dusty light from the window is a mood.” - Tom (@nebulousflynn)

“I really love the twist on the original concept. The way the atmosphere is created in this small scene is amazing, conveys that Blade Runner feel extremely well.” - Jasmin (@curlscurly)

2 Likes