[ENDED] Sketchfab Freeform Challenge: GDC Beer Bust!

beer

(Nebulousflynn) #1

This week we’re turning our attention to Beer Steins! Inspired by the popularity of the custom mason jars we commissioned for the happy hour we hosted with Allegorithmic at last year’s Games Developer Conference (GDC), we want you to model your very own beer stein – the kind of thing a champion would drink from in a medieval bar.

This year we’ve teamed up with HP who are providing HP Z 3D Cameras and Allegorithmic who are providing a full year of Substance Indie for TWO lucky winners! We’ll also showcase your work at this years GDC happy hour! If you’re attending the conference, you can RSVP here.

Be sure to read the full details and rules in the announcement blog post:

(Mariosonic500) #2

Can we make it look futuristic or modern?

(Nebulousflynn) #3

Sure, why not :slight_smile: :rocket:

(G034326a) #4

Already working on mine :slight_smile:

(Maug) #5

Start ! :slight_smile:

(Maug) #6

WIP :slight_smile:

(Warsoul) #7

Sketchfab “GDC Beer Bust” Challenge

The BerzekerZ Horn is reserved for the strongest and biggest warriors of the Cherek’s clan who killed a minautor to succed is Warrior’s Path Ritual. Each collected horn are crafted by the Cherek’s Shamans, who clean and cover them with gold before the dark chaman fill them partially with a mixture of wax, honey and magic mushrooms that lead BerserkerZ into a frenzy state for few hours.

‘’A horn before the Battle !’‘ … ‘’A horn after the Castle !’‘
(BerserkerZ’s chant in march to the fight)

(Adamnsexyname) #8

ius this where u post progress and stuff?

(Sheeloo) #9

Oh, great project ! I already made a beer stein, i’ll make a totally different new one, let’s go ! :slight_smile:

Here’s the original project, a little bit modified later :slight_smile:

(Michael Calvert) #10

Totally.

(Michael Calvert) #11

Yes it is!

(Mariosonic500) #12

I think i’m gonna try to make a hologram beer stein. I’m not quite sure how I’d export the hologram effects to Sketchfab though, I’m sure I’ll be able to figure that out soon enough.

(Sahirvirmani) #13

My WIP beer stein! :smiley:

(Jose Martinez Jimenez) #14

I’ll try to do a skull stein.

(Sahirvirmani) #15

Done with my “retro” version of a futuristic beer stein!. Futuristic retro… weird. :joy:

For the Sketchfab “GDC Beer Bust Challenge”.

Made with several built-in Substance Painter Alphas because I like logos :stuck_out_tongue:

(Vangre) #16

Let’s give this cool subject a try :slight_smile:

I’ve made a quick sketch with my initial idea of the beer stein: Medieval Blacksmith theme.

Currently making a study to decide what materials will be used, mostly metal in this case.

(Adamnsexyname) #17

i want to make a very classic one just for fun with like the eagle head i lookd at skyrim elven eagle warhammer (ill make it more difrent in the actual model)

now time to make it in 3d -_-
or i wish to make one with a high pressure filling system or somthing

(Vangre) #18

Did an overpaint onto my previous sketch and added some extra details.
Next step: basemesh & playing with proportions.
Not sure yet if a more realistic or a more stylized approach will be better…

(G034326a) #19

Work in progress so far, just need to add a few more details and a nice base now. I removed the drips they didn’t work in the textured version. Rendered in Substance Painter. Wood worn away in Zbrush and baked along with a curvature map to get the shading with an edge mask into the recesses. The beer was a opaque golden yellow layer. Then took a real top down shop of some beer foam, made it tillable and used substances Add paint effect to remove most of the foam from the layer.

(Spotiroma) #20

I’ll take place in this tournament.I’d like to become a master of tavern.:joy: