[ENDED] Sketchfab Freeform Challenge: Generations

freeform

(Nebulousflynn) #1

It’s August again and some of the Sketchfab Team are at SIGGRAPH (go say hi to them at booth #410)! To celebrate the annual conference, we’re launching a freeform challenge that embraces the conference’s theme this year: generations. So grab your computer and use your imagination - what do you think of when you think of generations?

TL;DR: Use whatever 3D method you prefer to create a model that shows at least three generations of something. Upload it to Sketchfab and tag it #GenerationsChallenge.

Be sure to read the blog post for full details of how to enter and prizes:

(David Caturegli) #3

Well, I allways wanted to make Cell so, i’ll try !

(Mariosonic500) #4

I’m probably either gonna make something involving video game console or computer generations. Or maybe I’ll do something involving Sonic the Hedgehog (When I heard the word “generation” it made me think of Sonic Generations).

(Elblood21) #6

(Cleto Padua) #7

K, I’m in! :grimacing:

WIP:

(Badboy17 Aiden) #8

This is my entry, Decided to go with the generation of sharks.

(Mosak) #9

A family on a stroll! I have many ideas on it, not sure if I can finish it on time. I’m slow as a beginner.

(Nebulousflynn) #10

:bike: looks great so far :slight_smile:

(Zale) #11

The last element of the generation is done (not the textures), fortunately, the others are more easy to make, I hope to complete everything in time

(Slavkoristeski) #12

I’ve made the life cycle of mechanitis polymnia butterfly. From caterpillar to a chrysalis to a complete butterfly

(Zale) #13

Too much to do, I don’t know if I’ll be able to finish in time

(G.West) #14

It’s been a while since I last did anything in voxels so I thought I’d spend the weekend making a simple voxel scene for this contest. And here it is… The Catbus Roller Coaster, featuring three generations of the same family in various stages of distress! You know it’s going to be a good roller coaster ride when every cart has its own sick bag :smiley:

(Nebulousflynn) #15

Great Entries Everyone!

just a few hours left to enter…

(Zale) #16

Just in time

(Mosak) #17

Hopefully I’m not late for this. Here is my entry. The funny thing was that I didn’t realize I’m terrible at modeling humans when I started. I generated those models through Adobe Fuse and rigged at Mixamo website. Not sure if I was allowed but whatever. It was a good practice.

(Plasticarm) #18

Got something done… last minute.

(Andy Begg) #19

Cutting it close… wanted to Animate these stacking, but ran short of time.

(Cleto Padua) #20

Wow! Ty NY time! :grin:

(Alok Aks50) #21

so cool looking!!!

(Nebulousflynn) #22

Challenge Over!

We’ll announce the winner later this week.