[ENDED] Sketchfab Freeform Challenge: Text, Type & Word Art

text
typography
word-art

(Nebulousflynn) #1

Words. WORDS. Words. Words.

In this week’s first-ever Freeform Challenge, we’re venturing beyond the figural world to the typographical. The challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to create some cool 3D word art. Modelling, sculpting, texturing, animation - anything goes!

TL;DR: Use whatever 3D method you prefer to create some neat word art. Upload it to Sketchfab and tag it #TextChallenge.

Be sure to read the blog post for full rules and prize details:

(Cbertero) #2

My first entry for the challenge, if I get more time later this month I’m hoping to experiment around some more with 3D Typography and have another entry. Great idea for a challenge to get people thinking outside the box! I wanted my B to be “breathing” and blue. Let me know what you think!

(Badboy17 Aiden) #3

This is my entry for the Sketchfab Freeform Challenge, Please leave a like!

(Mike Nicholson) #4

I went retro, 80s video game font, with the classic illustrated chrome. I think the last time I drew chrome like this was the literally in the late 80s.

(Plasticarm) #5

An environmental message.

I’ll probably add some junk in the goo and make it spill on to the floor.

(Canary Games) #6

Here are my “Eco-letters”, non-corrosive, polluting, loving with the environment!:palm_tree:

Made in double glass, suitable for companies located in dangerous neighborhoods,:gun:
high capacity to attract insects,:beetle: and people addicted to psycodelic lights, given its incandescent nature!

They are the last cry in neck pain !!

:upside_down_face: lucky everyone!

(Infiniti Art) #7

WIP

(Vmladin) #8

Hey there! First time in a SketchFab contest :slight_smile:

So far I have two entries:

1. 3D Ambigram of the S and F letters
  1. I played a little with the shadow coming from the scattered word “Scatter”

Good luck to all !
Vali

(Michael Nixon) #9

My second entry into a sketchfab contest.
Rock, a subtle formation that creates a certain shape when viewed from the right angle.
Had a few different ideas, but ran out of time in the end, would have been keen to add some animation built into the rocks.

(Tombolaso) #10

A come Amore - L is for Love Here is my entry for the #textchallenge! This time my lovely girlfriend gave me some inspiration for this cuuute concept! Made with Blender and Photoshop

(Alok Aks50) #11

Today I tried with a simple shadow effect. Flat art is just so amazing. hope u guys like it. Feedback welcomed.:slight_smile: I am liking this typography thing. Maybe ill try to create one more :wink:

Edit : i changed the color theme.
below is the new color style of theme

(Shaderbytes) #12

So many great entries so far! I just did a quick animation for my contribution :wink:

(Mantas T) #13

i am trying to make wax letters, scan them and make them melt… here is wip https://www.instagram.com/p/Bk7TftNnbY3/

(Mantas T) #14

ok, turned out not as impressive as i wanted, but…

(Paris) #15

My Digital entry for contest. Very interesting to check out each of this contest entry. It’s awesome:star_struck:

(Alok Aks50) #16

Today started Working on another typography. It’s a word from my native language. Thinking of writing a small quote in this style. Modeling each letters individual by scratch in its own style and looking to give manual uneven depth for words. Hope I’ll finish it in time and present here :slight_smile:

(Shaderbytes) #17

And what language is that?

(Alok Aks50) #18

It’s “Kannada” one of the oldest and spoken in many parts of India. :slight_smile:

(Shaderbytes) #19

awesome looking forward to it

(Matgarate) #20

Hi everyone, here is my entry for the typography challenge:
Typography Dragons!
I thought it would be cool to do some creature using characters only, so here it is.
Hope you like it!