[ENDED] Sketchfab Halloween Challenge: Haunted House

Enter if you dare! For this year’s Halloween themed challenge, we challenge you to create a spooky haunted house. Upload your entry to Sketchfab and tag it #HauntedHouseChallenge.

To give or get feedback on entries, head over to the Sketchfab Forum or Discord. To see all the challenge entries, check out the tag gallery.

Full rules and prize details can be found in the blog announcement:

4 Likes

These haunted house models put us in the mood for a spooky, scary Halloween! Fantastic job, everyone! :jack_o_lantern:

And the winner is...

The house lost at sea by Michel Donze

Here’s what the judges had to say about it:

“The almost unnatural twisting of this house really gives it a supernatural feel, with the setting and texture work really adding to the decaying feel. it’s somewhere I wouldn’t want to visit!” - Phil Clark (@nomadking)

“This piece feels like an old painting you’d find at a haunted house. The amount of detail on the building and its surroundings is absolutely amazing and the way the flashing light is animated through the window is genius. The spooky ambience music really adds to the whole eerie atmosphere of the scene. I love it!” - Jasmin (@curlscurly)

“This house has amazing deformations that are turning it alive. The desaturated palette of colors match perfectly with the theme, the wind, light, and water effects are telling the scary story of this house. Mindblowing.” - Kevin (@KevinCayuelaBorg)

“Wow, Michel Donze thought of everything. Can’t think of anything that should be improved. And the use of the editor is superb. My number one without a doubt.” - Mieke (@miekeroth)

2 Likes