[ENDED] Sketchfab Hand Painting Challenge: Tea Party

tea
handpainting
challenge

(Nebulousflynn) #1

It’s time for tea! For this week’s 3D challenge we want you to create your own hand painted tea party scene. This might be a single teapot, tea cup or cake, all the way up to an entire table full of crockery and treats. Have some fun thinking about where your tea party is taking place - the moon? A fantasy forest? - and who the refreshing repast might be for - a queen? a vagabond?

Post your work in progress shots & final entries in this thread, and be sure to check the blog post for full rules and prize details:

(Draconius) #2

I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS!! I’ve been practicing and studying the hand-painted workflow for weeks now. I’m not much of a digital 2D artist, so it’s been challenging. Very painstaking, but the results are worth it!! So pumped to finally have an assignment that I can execute on. Thanks for doing this!! :slight_smile: Expect some WIP pieces soon from me.

(Jcg The Great) #3

Hello, can I ask what an Amazon Voucher is?

(Bart) #4

It’s a gift card allowing you to spend USD 100 on Amazon.

(Damianc) #5

i’ll give this one a go. initial idea, going for goofy simple and fun.

(Hiaki3d) #6

Great! really love this challenge, can´t wait to begin

(Jcg The Great) #7

Hello, I have another question,
Is it ok if I make a fan art?

(Edvin Borkovskij) #8

I wish to participate and can someone give me some tips how to juggle this project and college? XD

(Spotiroma) #9

I want to create something squar :smiling_imp:

(Pidele) #10

I am super happy about this hand painting challenge! I’m planning to create a calming and warm lighted scene full of potted plants and furniture à la art nouveau. I also love cacti, so prepare for those as well!

Here is my first block out (just the pots, no plants yet, sadly) :

(Pidele) #11

I overworked the furniture and painted in the plants as a test how it would look later!

(Curlscurly) #12

Love this, reminds me of Trudi Castle’s Cup character, very cute!

(Curlscurly) #13

Great start, looking forward to this! I love all the plants in this scene!

(Nebulousflynn) #14

sure if it sticks to the hand painted and tea party theme :coffee:

(Nebulousflynn) #15

Loving all the WIP art so far - looking forward to following along as things progress!

(Draconius) #16

Calming, relaxing, and elegant will NOT be the theme of my party! Finished the base mesh and nearly done with the textures for the characters in my scene. We’ll see what happens when you invite a few mischievous Kobolds to a fancy party…

(Draconius) #17

Oh, this reminds me of the Pumpkin People scene from Over the Garden Wall. I love that show. Haha! Good luck, can’t wait to see how it turns out. :slight_smile:

(Jcg The Great) #18

Hehe, I have one last question.
Is it ok if my entry is in virtual reality?

(Nebulousflynn) #19

A hand painted VR tea party sounds neat!

…as long as it’s uploaded to Sketchfab :wink:

(Emurga) #20

Hi (first ever post … be kind pls)

I’m not sure what the “hand painting” means … Could you help ?