[ENDED] Sketchfab June Challenge: 3D Scanning Clothes

We all put our pants on one leg at a time, but how do we 3D scan our pants? That’s the question you must answer this month as we, along with contest sponsor Agisoft, challenge you to 3D scan your clothing.

Just use Agisoft Metashape to 3D scan a piece of clothing (get your free 30-day trial here), upload it to Sketchfab using the Metashape exporter, and tag it #AgisoftClothesChallenge.

Full rules and prize details can be found in the blog announcement:

1 Like

Can we process the models? Texture cleaning, retopo, adding normals, roughmaps etc?

Sure! Just make sure you use the Metashape Exporter to upload the finished product to Sketchfab.

Great, thanks!

Are footwear or hats considered to be clothing? For the purposes of this competition at least.

Hi @abbyec,

I have just spent a few hours failing to get Agisoft exporter to work (multiple installations of OpenSSL, copy/paste of DLLs, across different versions of Metashape, across different computers, multiple software restarts, multiple system restarts).

Until I can find a solution for this well documented problem that many other Metashape users seem to experience, would you be able to include my model in the competition? For verification that I have processed the model in Metashape I could e.g. provide you with access to the Metashape project file.

Here is my model for entry in to the competition: https://skfb.ly/6TC8W

Thanks in advance

Thanks for letting me know. We will include your model in the competition. Be sure to check out this Forum post for future uploads: Agisoft Photoscan Direct Upload issue - 'Error creating SSL'

1 Like

That was a whole closet full of sharp-looking clothes. Nicely done, everyone, and congratulations on the excellent quality of your submissions. It made the judges’ decision very hard. :tshirt::dress:

And the winners are (in no particular order)...

Salwar Kameez #AgisoftClothesChallenge by Kazi

“All the clothes are just flowing seamlessly on the dress so perfectly it could be a cloth simulation. And great use of the different map to bring all the details of this model.” - Geoffrey (@geoffreymarchal)

High Vis | #AgisoftClothesChallenge by @nickmason

“A seemingly ordinary piece of clothing but the crisp textures and geometry details are impressive.” - Tom (@nebulousflynn)

Waistcoat and shirt #AgisoftClothesChallenge by @pengilley

“Nice and original model! And great use of normal map to reduce the poly count to 15K!” - Geoffrey (@geoffreymarchal)

5 Likes

Thank you judges! I’m honoured, there is some great stuff in the tag gallery. I love having fun with the challenges, it’s nice to model stuff I wouldn’t normally think of. See you for the next one :camera: :safety_vest:

1 Like