[ENDED] Sketchfab Low Poly Challenge: Arcade Games

This week we challenge you to recreate a scene from one of your favorite arcade games in 3D (note: not games from consoles, handheld systems etc.), upload it to Sketchfab, and tag it #ArcadeGameChallenge.

Full rules and prize details on the blog:

9 Likes

Hi to everyone, this is my entry for the challenge: Pac-man :smiley:

7 Likes

Nice one!

Hi, my work for challenge!

8 Likes

Hi all, here’s my low poly version of Outrun for this challenge:

4 Likes

I did Smash TV! Made the scene part of the arcade cabinet.

6 Likes

Hi creators!
This is my first try in Sketchfab Challenges. Hope you like it! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Hey folks! This is also my first time posting to the Sketchfab community.

And here is my entry;

Pac-Mania Arcade Challenge by jcashmore on Sketchfab

It’s from one of my earliest childhood memories. And I hope you all enjoy it!

5 Likes

Here’s my entry. It’s based on space shooter classic games like Gradius, R-type and Space Invaders.

I wanted to make a playable model and, given the tools, changing texture channels seemed like the way to go. It has some limitations, supports only black and white textures for most channels, requires flat shading, etc, but I think it gives the impression of actually playing, so it works cool as a concept.

I hope you like it :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Here’s my entry! Wish I could have done more but I ran out of time!
Was a great challenge trying to do a scene like this with keyframes and forced perspective…

7 Likes

line
I totally forgot to post my entry here :shushing_face:
Here is my quick entry for the challenge
line
Only the best game ever BATTLE CITY

5 Likes

This make me remaind my childhood

1 Like

looks really nice, fantastic.

Battle City is definitely awesome! I played a lot of it back in the day – I’m glad you recreated the frenetic tank action :smiley:

1 Like

All of these entries are so much fun to see! Here’s mine – just a whimsical take on Dig Dug’s wacky sequel!

3 Likes

So. many. great. entries.

You all rose to the occasion of this challenge and came up with some truly fantastic models. The judges had a lot of fun exploring them. :space_invader:

And the winner is...

Outrun Arcade Machine by @glenatron

Here’s what the judges had to say about it:

“A brilliant and faithful recreation of a classic! Great use of animation and sound really bring this piece to life.” - Phil Clark (@nomadking)

“This brings back a lot of memories :slight_smile: Great execution.” - Bart (@bartv)

“Technically very well executed and a very nice concept too.” - Phil Gosch (@saphires)

“Very well executed and very stimulating. Just like an arcade. Creative, use of all the Sketchfab goodness like sound and animation. Amazing!” - VRHUMAN (@vrhuman)

5 Likes

Congrats @glenatron :partying_face:

Hands down to this one. The best entry!
Congratulations :partying_face:

Congrats!

Thank you so much everyone!! There were some amazing entries, so I’m super stoked! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes