[ENDED] Sketchfab Low Poly Challenge: Sea Life

What wonders await beneath the waves? This week we challenge you to model some low poly sea life, upload it to Sketchfab, and tag it #LPSeaLifeChallenge.

Full rules and prize details can be found in the blog announcement:

2 Likes

Aw man I keep wanting to leave the challenges for a while to focus on other things but the themes are always so good :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Heya just a quick heads up, I submitted my entry, the blog post tag gallery link needs to be amended to have the tag in lowercase as when you click tag gallery entries are not showing.

Tag gallery link for faceted search should be:

https://sketchfab.com/search?q=tag%3Alpsealifechallenge&sort_by=-pertinence&type=models

Seems when you apply the tag to your model they always are converted to lowercase so no way for people to assign #LPSeaLifeChallenge can only assign #lpsealifechallenge

Hope this makes sense, happy modelling peeps :smiley:

1 Like

Good catch, thanks! We’ve made that fix.

1 Like

Hi! This is my little scene :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’ll just leave it here. I hope my work is not too far from the concept :thinking:

Finally. Just finished this piece today.

4 Likes

You all took us on a wonderful undersea adventure. :fish::shark::anchor: Great work, and congratulations to all who participated!

And the winner is...

The Shallow, The Plateau, and The Deep by @biramadoni

Here’s what the judges had to say about the winning entry:

“Very good use of polygons with easily recognizable life form. I love the creative approach of the spherical land mass with its small ecosystem around it. The scene fits the challenge theme perfectly and is interesting for the eye. I also love the way biramadoni used the post-processing to add an additional atmosphere to the whole scene, making it even better” - Warkarma (@Warkarma)

“Great to look at from any angle, I love the scenario and use of lighting to give a sense of depth.” - Tom (@nebulousflynn)

4 Likes

Congrats for all participants! You all did great, too!
And thanks for all the juries. You just made my day. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Congrats @biramadoni - what a beautiful little scene! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well done :clap: :partying_face:

1 Like