[ENDED] Sketchfab Modeling Challenge: Cute Robot

Hey, is my sensor for cute robots is broken or there are not so many cute robots online? Please help me find some references :slight_smile:

• wall-e and eve are cute
  • so are R2D2 and BB8
  • claptrap is kinda(?) cute in an annoying way
  • also that Beep-0 from Mario x Rabbids
  • or the watering can robots from Super Mario Odyssey
  • Johnny 5 from Short Circuit

A personal favourite are these cute dorks from Batteries Not Included (can you tell I am an 80s kid?):

4 Likes

That movie is SO sad… :cry:

One of my favourite cute robots is from the game Machinarium (play it!):

2 Likes

Hey, just want to say thank you for few interesting ideas. I think I got a picture in my head now. It’s a mix out of few things combined and I hope it will work :sweat_smile:
I also do remember the Batteries Not Included movie.
So much nostalgia :blush:

2 Likes

Hey…is kitbashing in VR allowed ? would love to build one in Gravity Sketch…

Really hope to see @nomadking’s robot for this one!

3 Likes

I’m a HUGE fan of robots… but I’m not gonna have time to enter this one :frowning: But I’m really looking forward to seeing what everyone else comes up with :robot: Beep Boop Beep Boop :robot:

Yeah I’d say that is ok, as long as you credit the provider of your kitbash set.

It just so happens I was cleaning up an old project and stumbling upon this challenge to be able to submit on time.

Guess i’ll use this as my submission, :X

2 Likes

Looks cool. The challenge ends on 23 of Sep, so you have a lot more time if you want to add up to it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very good theme. I’ve been looking how to mix soft materials and metallics+plastic robots part, and that’s what came out. Hope you will like it :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I made another quickie here. It is highly inspired from Matt Dixon work, with its agreement.

10 Likes

I am really bad at making cute things :smiley:

I am planning to add smoothness to it so it will not look so sharp and scary :smile:
WIP (Any tips are welcome)

Imgur

4 Likes

Work in progress…
A new take on an older concept…rough layout…will try to animate it…
Kitbashed in VR with Gravity Sketch…( Kit by Oleg Ushenok )
Alas i ran into some problems with export from GS…I get stuck with no UVs and only 2 different materials…so i tried to make the best of it for now, using matcap and a bit of grain…

3 Likes

Here is a concept of my little robot I made for this contest, now let’s make it 3D!

2 Likes

Not sure if the robot design has to be original but if not, here is an SD Voltron I just modeled in VR
https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/sd-voltron-golion-844f31f1a5384e5294d63a371f9b902b

This is my WIP :smiley:

2 Likes

In Pose

2 Likes

Head finished!

2 Likes