[ENDED] Sketchfab Modeling Challenge: Daft + Punk Universe

Like everyone else, our hearts were broken when we heard that Daft Punk was disbanding. So this month our challenge is a tribute to the innovative nature of Daft Punk and their music. Create something that would fit in their futuristic, electronic, holographic universe, upload it to Sketchfab, and tag it #DaftPunkUniverseChallenge.

Full rules and prize details can be found in the blog announcement:

2 Likes

Yay! I love that theme! Modelling with no limitations make it pretty interesting too, curious to see what others will do.

1 Like

Your models were a fitting tribute to Daft Punk and all the wonderful music that they’ve created over the years. :black_heart:

And the winners are...

First place: Daft Punk 1993-2021 by @lishard4

Here’s what the judges had to say about it:

“This one is just impressive, everything is right: the model, the framing, the texture, the style, the animation! Could have been an ad for Daft Punk!” - Geoffrey (@geoffreymarchal)

“This model is mind-blowing, these textures changing give them this point of electronic life they had. With this high level of textures, lighting, soft glow effects, and the classic compo done to perfection, feelings come out!” - Kevin (@KevinCayuelaBorg)

“Awesome lighting and overall presentation. The fact they made all their suits during their career shows the effort and appeals to fans. There’s special attention to detail as well, such as the necklaces they wear during Pharrel’s collab in Random Access Memories.” - Luis (@redy)

" Just beautifully executed, I love the cycling of textures, especially the full red neon ones." - Alban (@alban)

“Just perfect” - Mieke (@miekeroth)

“I’m very impressed with the animated textures and different shaders in one model, I don’t think I’ve seen this before on Sketchfab :clap: - Bart (@bartv)

“I believe that this model is a spot on for the first prize :trophy:!!! Great quality, creative and visually appealing presentation, very good use of Sketchfab’s 3D editor. My both hands for LisHard :raised_hands::slightly_smiling_face: - Warkarma (@warkarma)

“Wow. From the thumbnail I thought this was ‘just’ a great rendition of the classic DP outfits then I opened the scene and had my mind blown :exploding_head: - Tom (@nebulousflynn)

“Gonna have to give it to this one, even though everyone else has already voted for it, it’s just that good.” - Renafox (@kryik1023)

“The whole animation is a masterpiece and so well executed, aside from the great modeling!” - Phil (@saphires)

Runners Up

Clear_Cmos by Naxyo

"The lighting on this alongside the motion graphic animation is superb. The model could be more low-poly, but has very good presentation and “360 showcase” appeal due to its rounded nature. " - Luis (@redy)

“I love the strong visual and materials.” - Bart (@bartv)

“The @Naxyo model got me with a beautiful presentation and cool VFX. Great use of color and post-processing.” - Warkarma (@warkarma)

Daft Punk Memorial #DaftPunkUniverseChallenge by alanabrasche

“A clean well-executed scene and setup with some subtle and effective animations.” - Tom (@nebulousflynn)

“I love the color palette, the textures, and the subtle animations.” - Abby (@abbyec)

“Really beautiful scene, those little animations get a relaxing effect, matching with the melancholic feels of a tribute. Really nice composition btw, congrats!” - Kevin (@KevinCayuelaBorg)

3 Likes