[ENDED] Sketchfab Modeling Challenge: Ice Cream Truck

(Bart) #1

DING DONG! ICE CREAM! You must remember it from your youth – that wonderful sound on lazy summer afternoons that made your mouth water and your mother despair. Can you still remember what it looked like?

And because all is fair in love and ice cream trucks, we’re not focusing on a specific technique or application. Instead we’ll only define the topic and let you run with it.

Enjoy! :icecream:

Full details on the blog.

(Kyan0s) #2

Not sure to finish it in the deadline but the subject is very cool so I'll participate. I although made a quick sketch of what I'm going to do :

(Dark Minaz) #3

started with a very classical design, the Mr Whooper from Gta:vice city, mixed with the Boxville from gta 5 (mostly since the other one did look kinda basic)

did some work today, now it got some internal parts as well :wink: wheels are just placeholders, door is now functional on both sides as well :slight_smile:

(Dark Minaz) #4

some updates:
1. door can do door like things now. i.e open, close, snowboard down a hill to rock music

2. inside stuff, semi comfy seat, steering wheel, space for doughnuts

3. underside stuff + wheels dlc

(Kyan0s) #5

A WIP :

(Johannes) #6

Gonna make a good little ice cream truck :smiley: gonna finish another project first before i start this one though

(Warrenn Lopez Perez) #7

So i was wondering how a monster truck that also is an ice cream truck will look like. This was the idea i had for this challenge. Not really convinced with the ice cream in the top or how make the clients get the ice cream but i am getting some fun with this project.

(Dark Minaz) #8

Some updates: Outside mostly done now, needs a few more detail planes for stickers and co

How to make ice boobs :stuck_out_tongue:

Some inside plans

(Kyan0s) #9

A new WIPs :slight_smile: :

(Icarus) #10

I'm planning to make a Mad Max inspired ice cream truck XD
The sirens for the ice cream truck tunes will be replaced with the huge speakers kinda fury road style. All driven in an old VW van.

This is the rough concept... I mean you still need ice cream in dystopia right? :slight_smile:

(Dark Minaz) #11

icecreams and related products

view inside

side view

front :slight_smile:

(Blessthefall) #12

Here's my entry https://sketchfab.com/models/b38acbec66ab4aaab53aa2e0e70543ac

(Kyan0s) #13

New Update :

(Dark Minaz) #14

uv set 1 done
2 and the scene one to go :smiley:
but this probably took most of the time in the end so i am glad i got this over with

Did split it all up in 3 uv sets

time for some baking and then textures tomorrow :slight_smile:

(G.West) #15

Here's something I've been working on over the last few days. I'm going for a cartoony killer ice cream van devil thing :wink:

I've blitzed through this initial modelling phase so there's lots I can see that I want to improve, but I'm fairly happy with how it's going so far.

I've got an idea for the final scene, so there's a bit more modelling to do before I can start texturing.

(Rhgrafix) #16

I love it, the straw is the exhaust pipe? :grin:
:icecream:
:blue_car: <-- There's my truck
-=(RH)=-

(Dark Minaz) #17

Some basic baking and started with a few materials :wink:

also i somehow made something wrong at one stage and got a ghost car :smiley:

"spoooky"

(Jukkathewalrus) #18

Holy shit guys, you're all amazing, wasnt expecting such excellent entries

(Blestmist) #19

I thought since i couldnt finish the voxel challenge in time i thought i might post something for the icecream truck challenge i am working on a "catbus" icecream truck here is what i have so far

hope to finish in the next couple of days.

(Ivanix88) #20

My WIP (quite simple), I hope to have it finished tomorrow. It's a really fun challenge!