[ENDED] Sketchfab Modeling Challenge: Lighthouse

Land ahoy! This week we challenge you to create a lighthouse using your preferred modeling tools and workflow, upload it to your Sketchfab account, and tag it #LighthouseChallenge.

To see all the challenge entries, check out the tag gallery.

Full rules and prize details in the Blog announcement.

5 Likes

Your models were a beacon in the night. :flashlight: Great job, everyone—you gave the judges a difficult decision.

And the winner is:

Magical Lighthouse by @ConradJustin

Here’s what the judges had to say about it:

“I really like this one, perfect composition and volumes with an original idea. It’s amazing.” - Kevin (@KevinCayuelaBorg)

“Highly creative and pushing the concept to the limit. Moreover, the quality of the model (texture and mesh) have been worked into the detail!” - Geoffrey (@geoffreymarchal)

“Had to go for this one. While it’s not a classic stereotype of a lighthouse, they nailed the execution of their concept. The overall shape is interesting and the texture/modelling work is amazing. Polycount seems about right for the level of detail in the scene. As a bonus he made good use of sketchfabs features, with annotations and good post processing added.” - Sam (@cotman_sam)

“Such a fresh concept and it even features animatinos, annotations and music! Very well done!” - Phil (@saphires)

“What a work and what a perfection! I love that Conrad didn’t go for the obligatory red and white lighthouse, but made something completely new while completely keeping within the boundaries of the contest.” - Mieke (@miekeroth)

“Unusual and wonderful lighthouse. ConradJustin did a great job with textures and topology. Animations are a great bonus to the whole scene.” - Warkarma (@warkarma)

“I mean talk about a gesamtkunstwerk! I love the imaginative take on how a lighthouse might operate but the animation, music, annotations and 3D setting knock this out of the park for me.” - Tom (@nebulousflynn)

3 Likes