[ENDED] Sketchfab Modeling Challenge: Sketchbot

(Bart) #1

We recently started experimenting with automatic notifications of significant events on your Sketchfab models or profile: if you’re lucky, Sketchbot might leave a comment when we feature you on social media, or when you reach a huge amount of followers:

image1-3

But there’s a problem: Sketchbot is still a standard emoji! YOU could give him a face by participating in our new challenge.

TL;DR: Design an avatar for Sketchbot with any tool or technique you prefer, upload it to Sketchfab and tag it with #SketchbotChallenge.

:information_source: Be sure to read the full rules and info in the announcement blog post.

(Nomadking) #2

The robots are coming! The robots are coming! And they’re… posting encouraging comments? :slight_smile:

Looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with :robot:

(Kyan0s) #3

Hi ! I’ve a question. Must we do a design close to the emoji ? Or are we totally free ?

(Bart) #4

You’re totally free. Just keep the Sketchfab values in mind :slight_smile:

(Adan) #5

sounds fun!

(Mike Nicholson) #6

This sounds fun. I will make a cute voxel robot head :wink:

(Kyan0s) #7

I’ve made some design research, and I’ve choose one of it. So here what I’ll going to do :

I’ll focus on its face, but if I have the time, I think I’ll make the complete robot.

(Kyan0s) #8

Here the beginning of the robot :

(Jessykat) #9

This is the sketch Idea that I have for my SketchBot that i’ll be making :3

(Jessykat) #10

@kyan0s I love the idea that you have with the SketchFab Logo on the Robot, I was wondering If I can use the same idea?

(Kyan0s) #11

Thank ! Of course you can ^^) !
I like your robot idea ! I cannot wait to see it :smiley:

(Kyan0s) #12

Following of the work in progress :

(Badboy17 Aiden) #13

Here is my entry for the Sketchbot Modeling Challenge. Please leave a comment and let me know what you think of this model!

(Francoisespagnet) #14

For this contest I want to make a robot like a vintage machine or computer. I want to be close to the original but I considere this avatar / robot need expression in depend of the context.
To break the solid mouth aspect I am inspired by Bender of Futurama and Portal 2

I had draw some ideas

(Adan) #15

heres my progress so far, almost there.

(Adan) #16

here’s my Sketchbot, I call it JNT-1. and just the face

(Wunderkind) #17

(Boriscargo) #18

hi, here is a vector draw and his sketchfab version.

(Bart) #19

Super nice :slight_smile: And to be clear: it’s fine is he has a body!

(Mike Nicholson) #20

Voxel bot progress. The Sketchbot color made me think of the 2005 movie ROBOTS, with the retro vibe, so I went with a cute toaster vibe.