[ENDED] Sketchfab Month Long Challenge: Mushrooms

Welcome to our first monthly challenge, intended to give community members more time to participate in Sketchfab’s contests. The format and prizes will vary from month to month, so if this month’s challenge doesn’t thrill you, check in again next month. You may submit entries from September 2 until September 30.

We’re opening our inaugural monthly challenge up to modelers, low poly artists, hand painters, sculptors, and scanners. The theme is mushrooms (September is National Mushroom Month in the United States). Just create your model, upload it to Sketchfab, and tag it #MushroomChallenge.

Full rules and prize details on the blog:

9 Likes

Cool. Might join this one!

1 Like

Sweet. I am in :slight_smile:

1 Like

Super happy about this challenge! :grin::grin:

2 Likes

Happy with this :grin:

2 Likes

Cool, I opened Krita and googled some reference today and started with a Sketch. Pretty happy with it, if only I didn’t open Blender right away but started with a plan of sorts first :slight_smile:

Not final but WIP :wink:

4 Likes

Working on this character

13 Likes

Hello. i’ve a question. I just need create from 0 the mushroom model?, or i can made from a concept?.

While modelling the head of the Puss Moth Caterpillar I noticed a similarity :wink:

Do you see what I mean? I have been watching to much Netflix :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can use a concept but we recommend you contact the concept artist before you begin modelling and include a credit and link to their work in your model description.

2 Likes

Thanks. Of course!.

Hello, here is my entry for the mushroom challenge: Sketchfab Challenge: Mushrooms • Smurf House - 3D model by hamidz90 (@hamidz90) - Sketchfab

Hope you guys like it, you can also look at my artstation page of this project for more images: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/ybmgx8

Thanks!

Hello, here’s a sculpt of a mushroom maul, based on a concept that I did previously. It is in the process of becoming a game-ready model :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Lazy mushroom is waiting for challenge

9 Likes

Here’s my entry for mushromm challenge. Hope you like this model!

3 Likes

Woohoo my mushroom entry :mushroom:

Still a couple of things to tweak and going to add some sound :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

12 Likes

WIP, sculpt of the caterpillar and boxmodel of the Mushroom. Next up is mushroom sculpt. I also have to retopo the caterpillar :flushed: Lots to do and little time but it’s lots of fun.

2 Likes

Here is a quick scan of a garden figurine from my dacha

5 Likes

Been wanting to do something for this challenge. so whipped up this flat low poly scene. i also experimented with a NPR look, I’ll upload the flat version.

1 Like

Still WIP. I did the Mushroom sculpt and baked it. Added the pipe and hose.
Still to do’s are retopo the Caterpillarm texture painting and modeling an environment. :scream:

2 Likes