[ENDED] Sketchfab November Challenge: Retro Electronics

This month we’re throwing a community modeling challenge and the topic is one that was suggested by neuroup back in September: Retro Electronics. Just create a model of retro electronics (real or imagined) using your preferred modeling tools and workflow, upload it to Sketchfab, and tag it #RetroElectronicsChallenge. At the end of the challenge, you and the rest of the community will be invited to judge the entries and choose a winner.

Full rules and prize details on the blog:

13 Likes

I am from the 80s :robot:, I was born surrounded by paraphernalia and artifacts of this type :tv: :radio::headphones::phone:, and I bet it will be one of the “Contests” that I will like the most!

Let’s see if people are encouraged:heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Would a Sci-fi retro style hover car be considered as a retro electronics? :slight_smile:

Hmmm… I think ‘electronics’ refers more to ‘electronic devices’, not vehicles? @abbyec what do you think?

always wanted to model a n64 for all the fun shapes. got a somewhat decent start today.

8 Likes

If I can do a “electric” flying vehicle
I will do this concept:

If not, I will maybe do this one:

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Dark…
almost almost, you annoy me all, but luckily it is not like that, although we are close to each other, you will see what I am doing! :thought_balloon:

= ?
You are making the same? in that case … FIRST ehm i mean may the better entry win

2 Likes

Noooo, not the same :sweat_smile:! But we are some generation ahead or behind, I don’t want to say much! (Surprise):gift:

I am doing 2nd option. :slight_smile:
https://forum.sketchfab.com/uploads/db4890/original/3X/d/f/dfc3bb0c8be2d9f7e5106b8048e443868a219130.jpeg

2 Likes

finished the modeling today, tomorow will be for the uv’s and textures + scene comp

8 Likes

Hi! I almost finished my entry: a low poly fantasy style 80’ coin-op… branded with a videogame in development…
Inspired by vectrex, donkey kong cabinet and medival fantasy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

sviluppo5

2 Likes

here we go! hope you like it

8 Likes

Hi,
I’ve started modeling the sony psx6 turntable.

8 Likes

hey, might not participate, but i came across this Instagram account, might help.

4 Likes

Looks good, maybe I will pick one of the gadgets instead

1 Like

Here’s a old Marantz amplifier.

2 Likes

And a Klipsch Cornwall loudspeaker.(need to fix uvs)

2 Likes

Finished my concept. Now i just need nintendo to create a power bank/emulator adapter to connect to the Switch.

8 Likes

Hi!!!
I’ve started modeling the Spica Radio st-600

what do you think?

5 Likes