[ENDED] Sketchfab Sculpting Challenge: #AlienChallenge2017

(Pants Beard) #24

Hi! I am so definitely entering this contest. :slight_smile:
I would have posted an earlier stage of my progress, but I didn't realise that was a requirement. So here is where I am currently up to! (Sorry, I am very much a newbie to sketchfab!).

(Mariosonic500) #25

I'm planning on making an alien bust, but maybe I'll make a full body.

(Ar7ific1al) #26

I originally wasn't planning on participating in this. I saw this challenge as soon as it was posted, and the next day started on something that turned into a submission for this. Say hello to the Khrembohbula Screecher!

Here are some screenshots of the creature as I was making it: http://imgur.com/a/3EzBW

I also did a low-poly textured version. A link is in the about section for my submission.

(Shazartz97) #27

Hey just finished the low poly challenge, about to join this one too

(Mathea) #28

Sweet! Am joining this one :smiley: Will post WIPs here soon :slight_smile:

(Mathea) #29

That being said, I'm also working on my texturing skills. If I would retopo, UV and texture the sculpt is it still eligible for this contest? Or should I upload the sculpt as an entry to this contest and just upload the retopo'd and textured version in a seperate upload (and not enter it for this contest?). Just wondering if the entry itself has to be an actual sculpt or if it is also allowed to use sculpting in the workflow but finish it in another program like Maya.

(Jukkathewalrus) #30

No offence, but looks like you just took one of your old models and posted it

(Mathea) #31

Made some very rough sketches. It helps me generate ideas, will do a lot more 'sketching' in Zbrush to get the design a bit better. Will probably go with the largest of the below sketches, an underwater alien creature inspired by axelotl's, armadillos and seahorses.

(Shazartz97) #32

Soo i'm going to be using maya and zbrush for this challenge. Maya for making the base models and zbrush to sculpt.

My sculpt is going to include 2 models: An astronaut and an alien. Not sure yet what they"ll be doing...wrestling...negotiating peace...taking selfies...arm wrestling... who knows! :grin:

Already working on the astronaut in maya. Those are my reference pictures

And this too

Planning on making the alien maybe half human half reptile or something....

(Pants Beard) #34

Hey there, that's a little upsetting to hear you may think that...honestly, I worked so hard on this over the week. :cry:

I realise it may not come off that way due to the further along stage of production in this image though...
Don't really know how I can prove that to you how ever...

(Pants Beard) #35

Hey there, that's a little upsetting to hear you may think that...honestly, I worked so hard on this over the week. :cry:

I realise it may not come off that way due to the further along stage of production in this image though...
Don't really know how I can prove that to you how ever...

(Tonirabaron) #36

Hello everyone. I'm going to create an alien rider. Here are some work I've done. Have fun!

(Lukesh) #37

Hey!

I completely forgot to mention what I was going to make for the challenge. I was just finishing up, making sure I didn't miss anything and then realized. I hope that's not a problem, I worked on it pretty hard for the last couple of days and it would be shame if it wasn't considered because of that.

Anyway, I'm making an alien lady, based on a centipede.
Here are some progress screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/O1nP9

I still have to do some finishing touches, I'll be uploading the final model in an hour or two.

Thanks.

Edit: Submited the final result!

Is there a special place I need to submit it, or is adding the tag all I needed to do? Sorry, I've never actually took part in a challenge like this...

Thank you

(Andreasmischok) #38

Hey,
I wanted to do a creature for a while and thought this would be a perfect opportunity to do so.
After looking at some reference images, I decided to draw my own concept.

(Adan) #39

This will be a lot of fun. I started this with the head and body in mind, but I'm not sure what to do with the legs and arms yet.

(Ricocilliers) #40

I'm having a lot of fun with this challeng so far :smiley: here's what I'm planning to create. (great WIP stuff by everyone else, nice work ^_^)

Blender, Zbrush (so far)

(Mathea) #41

Heres a wip shot of mine! Still really rough, going for an underwater alien! He'll have some kind of a weapon, possibly a spear, later on.

(Mathea) #42

This one is so cool! Reminds me of some of the alien races in Stellaris (strategy game), they have some aliens that resemble fungi and mushrooms

(Jukkathewalrus) #43

didn't mean to come off as rude. It just gave me this impression. Keep up the good work, I like the assets on the ..mount !

(Miguelangelo2k) #44

After a few models with the new mat cap and a few alien doodles, i thought this could be a good combination for the Alien challenge. I used Gravity Sketch VR, because its my favorite tool at the moment. The different brush types allow for a wide variation of shapes. Not trying to imitate full on sculpting programs, i used the available tools to create that style.
First i had the shading with pencil style, but it wasn't cartoonish enough.