[ENDED] Sketchfab Sculpting Challenge: Battle Axe

(Bart) #1

Howdy! Here's where you can post your WIPs for the new 3D Sculpting Challenge, or just chat about hand sculpting and get inspiration for your entry.

To enter, be sure to add the #BattleAxeChallenge tag to your scene.

(Jcg The Great) #2

OMG Definitely gonna participate on this one!! :open_mouth::grin:

(Jcg The Great) #3

Is it ok if i retopologize the sculpt?

(Bart) #4

Sure thing, but it would be nice to see a 'before' and 'after' here in the WIP forum.

(Shaderfuel) #5

Yeah! I'm enter! Good luck everybody! :smile_cat:

(Joansantus) #6

Nice! Another awesome challenge. Does the axe need to be like historically or functional or can it be crazy, maybe sci-fi or high fantasy?

(Bart) #7

It can be any type you want, as long as it's an axe :slight_smile:

(Leqsus) #8

Looks like?

(Bart) #9

Nice! Please double-check your tags though - looks like you've made a typo on the challenge tag.

(Erik Carlos) #10

gonna join this challenge, good luck to all of us! :blush:

(Bart) #12

You can use any software you want, as long as the model is (mainly) a sculpt.

(Jcg The Great) #13

Wip
Here's my not final design.
I'll keep the shape but I'll definitely change the carvings because it looks weird at the moment.

(Rybird) #14

Thank you for the fun and opportunity
Here is my Baddel Axx! :slight_smile:

(Tarik Takasu) #15

Hey, newcomer here, I'll make a sort of barbaric ritualistic Dark Souls-esque axe, rough concept here, gonna block it out on Maya, sculpt details and fur on ZBrush, retopologize and UV in Maya, and then texture in Substance Painter, with some luck i'll get everything done in about 5 days, gonna post some wips here as I do them!

(Nicococo01) #16

More progress:

Heres a WIP of the axe im making. Still lots to do and lots of polishing to be done.

(Rybird) #17

Lol, Now the Ryto Cordless Battle Axe! Come in one color that the enemy, as well as everyone else hates! Utility Pink!

(Infiniti Art) #18

Question: Does it need to be ENTIRELY sculpted? I just got done making a battle ax, and I think it looks pretty decent, but not all of it was made with a sculpting tool...

(Bart) #19

As long as the axe is mainly sculpted, it's ok to add some non-sculpted details.

(Bart) #20

Interesting choice of color :slight_smile: Is the model really a sculpt though?

(Rybird) #21

Thank you, but no, I did not even think about that. However I do have one that I sculpted that is in the challenge. I will removed this from the challenge but I am sorry, I can't take away the fun I had! :slight_smile: Cheers!