[ENDED] Sketchfab Sculpting Challenge: Cartoon Characters!

(Bart) #1

This month we’re aiming for a very different visual sculpting style as we’re exploring cartoon characters. This means stepping away from the highly detailed, matcapped sculpts and into clean, brightly colored models. So return to your childhood and bring back your favourite characters!

TL:DR; sculpt a cartoon character and publish it on Sketchfab with the #CartoonChallenge2017 tag.

Full details on the blog.

(Fabian Orrego) #2

Hi, great challege, I will participate, but I have a question. This challenge is only sculpt or retopo + textures or does not it matter?... Can I upload high poly sculpt model?

(Laura M.) #3

Hello!
Awesome challenge, I'll join in :smile:
I'm wondering the same as Fabian, for clarification.
Excited for this challenge either way!!

(Imlon) #4

Been working with these during my free time, and I think this is really a great reason to retopo and pose evil morty for this challenge.

update:
polypainted morty with zbrush and found out that the hair is too sharp.

retopo, uv unwrap & texture of the portal gun, rendered with marmoset, hoping to get the same effect later with sketchfab new feature translucency & sss.

update2:
President Evil Morty retopo & base texture.

(Rybird) #5

Fun!
Here is my contribution . I enjoy the participation, thank you.

(Bart) #6

We'll be looking mainly at the textures, so a high poly sculpt is fine. You probably want to keep the polycount reasonable for best web performance though, so let's say max 2M or so.

(Fabian Orrego) #8

I mean something like that: https://skfb.ly/6tI9r

(Pants Beard) #9

Hey there! I think i'd like to join this challenge. I just have one question before I make a start.
Should the scene only present one single character? Or is it allowed to display a cast of multiple characters from a show?
Thanks! :slight_smile:

(Bart) #10

Just one character please :slight_smile:

(Bart) #11

Yes that's a good example.

(Leriaz) #12

Submit only new work, but feel free to submit multiple scenes.

I'm confused, does that mean multiple entries?

(Goldengrifon) #13

some character needs fur:

(Bart) #14

Correct, you can enter as many times as you like!

True, but not for a sculpting challenge :wink:

(AlexSvet) #15

Ok. I choose character. This is Greg from Over the Garden Wall

(Yannick Deharo) #16

Hi ! I will try it this time... I will make Batman, from "Batman the animated series"... I always wanted to model him ^^ !

hi to everyone, this is my first challenge on sketchfab :slight_smile:
i choose Courage the Cowardly Dog as my character

(Dany3design) #19

This is my cartoon 3D model for this challenge! :slight_smile:

cartoonchallenge2017

(David Caturegli) #21

I'm going to choose one of these... or mayber two... or three if I have the time.

Love him!

(Raphaelhatencia) #23

I´ll join and model Lola Bunny =D

Can I make a nice texture with details on a lowpoly model, or just base color as the examples?