[ENDED] Sketchfab Sculpting Challenge: Flying Creatures

(Borisvdb) #21

Hey guys! Planning on creating a Wyrm for this challenge, sort of like from dragonball. Though the base model I hashed out so far look like a weird salamander :sweat_smile:

(Snifel) #22

My work in progress,i never tryed to create a kind of dragon.

(Toomanydemons) #23

My work in progress for the day. Once again, the weather is causing connection issues and split my twitch stream into two videos :stuck_out_tongue:

Still keeping with symmetry until the forms are well laid out. A few more days and I’ll be moving into pose work.

(The Insomniac) #25

I never got an answer to my mechanically assisted flight question so I went ahead with it and made Rocketpanda https://skfb.ly/6yuQs

(Arturo Bermudez) #26

gonna get in on this. gonna make a stylized flying creature.

(Borisvdb) #27

Little update on my end, almost done with modeling and will be texturing soon then posing it.

(Toomanydemons) #28

My progress so far ^^. You can view my progress in the archives on my twitch. Connection issues once more have broken it up into several videos, which I don’t feel like hogging the blog with lolol.

I just need to do some feet, but I felt like doing some high detail work. Since the head will likely not change position I started there.

(Icebox X708) #29

Here is my entry:

(Toomanydemons) #30

My progress so far :slight_smile: Once the detail pass is complete here in a few days, I’ll use transpose master to pose him in a flying stance and do the last bit of touchup sculpting. Still a bit of work to do on the wings (I want the finger bones to be thinner and taper in the middle).

(Tiot) #31

My FLying Turtle haha

Flying Turtle by Tiot on Sketchfab

(Dark Minaz) #32

Do the fire fx with multiple planes to make it look better.

Love the rest though, especially his little water helmet :smiley:

(Toomanydemons) #33

So far I’m finishing up the model. The arms and legs are complete, all that’s left is the tail and feet. Tomorrow the sculpt will be complete and I’ll begin posing. :slight_smile:

I’ve figured out my connection issue was actually an OBS studio issue. The program does this frequently and is unreliable so I’ve stopped streaming for now. But at the end of the sculpt I’ll post as nice a render as I can get from Zbrush. (I’m new to rendering in Zbrush, so if there are any veterans reading this, let’s be friends lol.)

so far he’s 22 million verts… 0_0 (but he’s an awful big guy after all…)

once the work is done I’ll decimate and upload to sketchfab.

(roderick3d) #34

Base sculpt done, detailing next.

(Bart) #35

Decimate + bake normals, I hope? :slight_smile: The model looks fantastic, it would be a shame to loose that detail!

(Eeching) #36

Sorry I’m a little bit late but here’s my concept for flying creature- Dandelion.
Will start modelling and sculpting soon.

(Noonespecial) #37

Originally, the contest was just for flying creatures. So I started making a wasp. But then it seemed it somehow becamse a flying monster contest. How to make a wasp into a monster? Easy. Make it big. toomanydemons made Cthulhu (a very cool Cthulhu IMHO!) for the contest. Cthulhu, the end all be all of monsters. So I thought, how to out monster Cthulhu? Simple, planet sized wasp!

There is more than one wasp in the scene, but they are all instances, all identical. If that isn’t allowed, I will delete it and upload one with a single wasp.

(Toomanydemons) #38

Ah, that’s a better way to do it. I figured since it was a sculpting contest that meant textures were off limits. But I suppose in this case it makes sense to have a normal map.

Thanks, I’ll do that! ^^

(Bart) #39

That’s actually a good point, looks I got carried away! How about this: for the entry you enter a decimated ‘sculpt only’ version, but you can still add a nicely baked one in your portfolio with the full details?

(Toomanydemons) #40

@bartv That sounds like a good idea. I plan on a remeshed/painted version as well. This model came out really nice, I’d like to go so far as animation.

@noonespecial that’s a big bug 0_0… I suppose a giant wasp probably would beat Cthulhu lol…

(Toomanydemons) #41

My first entry.:heart: This is Cthulhu before textures or posing, just the initial sculpt. I really like him; he came out nice and creepy just like I wanted.

My second entry will be posed. Working on that now, it will probably be up sometime tomorrow.