[ENDED] Sketchfab Sculpting Challenge: Flying Creatures

(Noonespecial) #42

Great work Cultist toomanydemons. When Great Cthulhu awakes from his slumber, he will eat you last.

ä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn! Ph’nglui mglw’nfah Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn!

(Toomanydemons) #43

roflmao. I hope so!

Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn!

(Vfrckkkf) #44

My entry

Cvik the Henderbus by vfrckkkf on Sketchfab

Initial idea was something that can summon various arms for it’s needs and use utility poles to fly, which it steals occasionally. While I was shaking my way in the old noisy bus to factory, idea took the form of ghostly night carrier that transports willing people between places inside of broken car hull.

(Toomanydemons) #45

Flying Cthulhu. Pretty awesome. I love the grayscale with red… I think I want to play with this color scheme more often.

(Dark Minaz) #46

Are you aware that there is a costum matcap option in the editor? that sometimes looks really nice as well.
but our lord of chaos and destruction sure looks great :slight_smile:

(Toomanydemons) #47

I was not aware of that! I’ll have a look…

(Toomanydemons) #48

ah haha… I was aware of this, I’d simply forgotten. I’ve just always used PBR lol… That does look very nice. Thanks :smiley:

(Dark Minaz) #49

just set in the first tab to “matcap” an then in the material section to a specific matcap
using 2 materials (one for the eyes, one for the rest) could give that same effect just with a cool matcap that can be changed
edit: yeah me2, but i never really had a nice sculpt that i didn’t texture. For a sculpt challenge id probably try to use the matcap with some changes :wink:

(Toomanydemons) #50

Oh man, thank you so much. That curvature slider is SICK…

(Dark Minaz) #51

oh yeah, really brings out details rather well, i still want to make a model with multiple materials all based on matcap once. Just didn’t find the right model yet and the time to sculpt for a few days :wink:

(Toomanydemons) #52

He looks beautiful now. Like a drawing. That’s fantastic.

(Toomanydemons) #53

Wow. I have so many sculpts and was never happy putting them up on Sketchfab. They just never looked good. So simple, the matcap option. How’d I miss that. And that curvature shot is badass.

(Dark Minaz) #54

got added a while ago, but a lot of blog posts tend to get overlooked i guess.
Especially with pro you can add costum matcap images that add even more freedom. Or just color the base ones :slight_smile:

For the rest here, go check it out, might make your nice sculpts look even better :slight_smile:

(Borisvdb) #55

My submission. Pleased with the way it turned out, although the rig could have been better.
Threw it up on artstation along with a render, hope everyone likes it.

(Borisvdb) #56

I the originality of this one, the swarm of giant wasps feel like a comic book villain.
If you don’t mind me asking what are the primary colours on it’s stinger?

(roderick3d) #57

Here is my submission. Thanks for having this challenge to bring me back into creature sculpting.

(Renceed) #58

My entry :slight_smile:

(T Shahan) #59

So many great entries!

Put a little time into finishing up my idea tonight - not quite happy with it (messy/wasteful/poorly optimized geometry) but learned a lot about Blender along the way and tried some new things:

(Is Frost) #60

Here is my entry. A nightgount from the Cthutulhu Mythos.

(Noonespecial) #61

So many cthulhu-ish critters in this contest. Do I have enough time to add some tentacles to the wasp?