[ENDED] Sketchfab Sculpting Challenge: Hair

This week we challenge you to flex your sculpting muscles by adding hair to one of the pre-supplied heads below. Just download the model, choose the head that you want to add hair to, and get to work.

TL;DR: Download the above model, sculpt hair onto the head of your choice using your preferred tools and workflow, upload the model to Sketchfab and tag it #HairSculptChallenge.

For full prize and rule details be sure to read the blog post:

2 Likes

Hi Everyone!

I really appreciate having my heads being used for the current challenge :). I am currently taking a Ryan Kingslien character course to improve my facial sculpting as these sculpts do not reflect my current skill set. Thank you to Mieke Roth (@miekeroth) - Sketchfab for retopologizing them for the contest. I was in complete surprise when my heads showed up on the sketchcfab contest thumbnail. I hope everyone enjoys making hair for these and I look forward to seeing what you all come up with.

-Mark.K

4 Likes

That’s the beauty of a community that shares their work :slight_smile:

1 Like

Will see if I have time to refine this hair.

3 Likes

hi, here’s my entry

2 Likes

Here is my entry, hope you like!

1 Like

Hi sketchfabers, I started off this challenge few days ago, and here’s the finished model.

Story-telling has always been a really important aspect to me when I creating something. Therefore I decided to not only sculpt the hair, but give the work a story. (I often find this helpful with figuring out what I want to create as well as how it should look).
I value the whole presentation, and I enjoy making characters come to life, so I decided to also rig & posed & texture the head model. (putting some makeup on for her is a lot of fun^ ^)

Here’s a quick concept sketch I did. I decided to give it a bit more motion when I start sculpting.

And here are some process screenshots:)

1 Like

here goes my entry https://skfb.ly/6KLHQ

what model ist that?
Is the head from
Mieke Roth
](Mieke Roth (@miekeroth) - Sketchfab) ?

Hi!
I only retopologized it. The original model is from Mark Krawiec (@markkrawiec) - Sketchfab :

and the retologized version:

I saw description. Thanks for light version. My question was about the head above with “other face expression”.

Ah, no. That one isn’t one of the heads for the challenge. Great head of hair, but I think he or she needs to change the head.

Hi, thanks for asking, the head is one of the 4 (the 2nd one from left), I rigged and posted it, also subdivided quite a few time so when I texture it in Zbrush the polypaint won’t be too low-res. I checked the challenge description and the licence rule, and I don’t think it says I shouldn’t be changing the model:).

Here’s the rigged mesh in Maya if you wonder:)
1558996182(1)

Hi, thanks the reply, the head is one of the 4 (the 2nd one from left), I rigged and posted it, also subdivided quite a few time so when I texture it in Zbrush the polypaint won’t be too low-res. I checked the challenge description and the licence rule, and I don’t think it says I shouldn’t be changing the model:).

I see.

Here’s one of my entry!

Here’s another one!

that was my first test with fiber_hair. barely managed on EDT time. Ready to thrown tomatoes :heart_eyes: