[ENDED] Sketchfab September Challenge: Kaiju

This month we challenge you to create a kaiju, upload it to Sketchfab, and tag it #KaijuChallenge. This challenge has two categories that will be judged separately—high poly and low poly—so be sure to also tag your model with the appropriate category: #KaijuChallengeHP or #KaijuChallengeLP.

Full rules and prize details can be found in the blog announcement:

5 Likes

Had a lot of fun doing this :slight_smile: #KaijuChallengeLP

4 Likes

That was a beast of a challenge. Great job everyone! :dragon:

And the winners are...

High Poly: Transapient Kaiju by @aidinsalsabili

“Amazing model! And I’m amazed on how good the vertex colors hold up without any additional editing.” - Mieke (@miekeroth)

“Above and beyond with the great diorama which lends context to the scene, extremely impressive modeling and posing.” - Tanner Kalstrom (GameTextures.com)

“What a great diorama and a very convincing kaiju!” - Phil (@saphires)

Low Poly: Vulcan Kaiju by FlyingIllustration

“I love the originality of the model. Great use of the low poly enhanced by a great texture and animation. This model could have his place in any AAA game.” - Geoffrey (@geoffreymarchal)

“The design and modelling are amazing enough but coupled with the superb animation and scene setup this is a clear winner for me.” - Tom (@nebulousflynn)

“Again, above and beyond. Cool character design, great creativity and context is given by showing the way the creature would attack. Nice execution as well!” - Tanner Kalstrom (GameTextures.com)

4 Likes