[ENDED] Sketchfab Simulation Challenge: Cloth

cloth
simulation
challenge

(Nebulousflynn) #1

This month’s simulation challenge is all about cloth.

We want you to dial up some settings in your favourite cloth simulation plugin and add something soft to your scene - tablecloths, capes, dresses, flags, tarps, anything that blows in the wind.

We’d like to see some simulations, but if you want to sculpt or scan your cloth that’s fine too. Static or animated scenes are welcome.

:information_source: Be sure to read the full rules and info in the announcement blog post

(Warrenfrancis) #2

I’m excited about this one! :slight_smile: I’m going to depict a summer memory from my childhood.

(Shashi Atin) #3

My First ever challenge participation… !!
It was fun learning process while working on this scene.

(Warrenfrancis) #4

@nebulousflynn FYI, there’s a typo in the contest Terms & Conditions… it says #CothSimChallenge instead of #ClothSimChallenge

(Romainrevert) #5

WIP. Everything in red will be cloth. The clothes shape are not final, just the spot is.

(Shashi Atin) #6

Here is my snaps from WIP

1. Blocked the model in Maya
  2. Took into ZBrush for details
  3. Back to Maya for cloth simulation (nCloth)
  4. Exported as .abc (alembic) format to Sketchfab.
  5. Worked on materials, lights and post works in Sketchfab. :grinning::dancer:

(Alok Aks50) #7

Woohoo!! New challenge!! I am excited to learn something in this one :wink:

(Nebulousflynn) #8

@shashi.atin haha excellent - this made me smile this morning :smiley:

@warrenfrancis thanks for spotting that, I’ve amended the post now

(Shashi Atin) #9

Thank you!!

(Luca Patane90) #10

This is my scene for the contest!

(Romainrevert) #11

My entry for this contest : The Choice

(Warrenfrancis) #12

Here are a couple of work-in-progress shots from inside Blender. I should have the materials added tonight or tomorrow.

(Warrenfrancis) #13

I’m done! …I think! This was fun. :slight_smile:

(Mrfsandor) #14

Hello everyone,
I would like to show you my work:

(Icebox X708) #15

Hi,
This is my entry, a huge banner out of multiple layers of cloth, leather and some paper.

(Mo7amed85) #16

Hello ,

This is my contribution for the cloth simulation … It is my 1st ever participation in any online competition .
Modeled in Blender & textured in substance painter … And the Vase was photo scanned using AGISOFT .
Appreciate and remarks and criticism to improve my work :slight_smile: .
P.S : Just want to ask if i can link my model to the discussion thread , as it is telling me that new users Can’t post links . Kindly check the model from my page under the Name : Free Cloth Simulation Scene .
(upload://3COXnaNxoK6o43GOXFMWD7Dkr3Z.jpg)

(Alok Aks50) #17

Hello everyone,
This is my entry, I got only 2days to work on it, so couldn’t achieve simulation animation. but every cloth is simulated using Ncloth settings :slight_smile: simulation is very interesting. will continue on this in future :smile:

(Bart) #18

The cloth challenge is now closed. The judges will cast their votes and will announce the winner on Friday!

(Nebulousflynn) #19

And the winner is…

The Unbelievable Magic Trick by mrfsandor

We thought this was a fun take on the theme and a good use of cloth simulation to boot!

Thanks to everyone for taking part :smiley: