[ENDED] Sketchfab Simulation Challenge: Refreshing Summer

Summer is almost here! And to help the Sketchfab community stay cool, you’re to create a refreshing scene using fluid simulation. Things dropping in water, fountains, Super Soaker fights..

Hey all! Here's where you can post your WIPs for the new simulation challenge, offer constructive critique, or just get inspired! To enter, be sure to add the #RefreshingSummerChallenge tag to your scene.

What do you do to stay cool? :beach:

(Nicktheladd) #2

I'm currently using VR and experimenting with AnimVR to create 2D-looking 3D effects for fire/water/smoke/etc.

I'll be working on improving and refining a set of water effects for this challenge.

(Romainrevert) #3

Cool idea to do it with AnimVR !

(Romainrevert) #4

Awesome Theme. So, I'm in :smiley:

I plan to do a transparent Inflatable castle filled with water... Here's my refs :

(Dark Minaz) #5

I'm totally in. I currently have 2 plans, not sure what option i pick in the end. A sort of aquaduct or a cool glas model that gets filled with liquid.

(Creativeblendproductions) #6

I'm in as well. I love water and water loves me! :smiley: Time to brainstorm! :wink:

(Rybird) #7

Hello!, Thank you for the fun and opportunity.
Fluid “Fluidum” and Sphere “Sphaera” equals Fluiaera. A liquid ball,
or rather, a hand creased virtual clay ball with custom textures an d
an environment background that reflects from the ball. Shown in the
inside, ‘raised drawing’ , you can zoom out and see the whole ball and
zoom close to the surface and get a different look. Designed to look
like fluid moving for the Sketchfab Simulation Challenge: Refreshing
Summer Splash. Is it refreshing? Maybe it is “cool” and refreshingly
different, Others are to judge that. Ry
Cheers!

(Thomas Kole) #8

Finished mine!

A first person water slide animation :slight_smile:

(Lord00120) #9

Also joining in, thinking of doing one of those transparent balls you can run inside of on water, maybe with some cute creature inside :slight_smile:

(Lord00120) #10

Changed my mind, doing a small beach scene with a bulldog jumping into water in slow motion

(Lord00120) #11

Small gif showing the animation, doing textures and water effect later tonight

(Nebulousflynn) #12

Thanks for all the posts and great entries so far everyone - not many entries with 12 hours to go so all to play for :slight_smile:

https://sketchfab.com/search?q=tag%3Arefreshingsummerchallenge&sort_by=-likeCount&type=models

(Skyeshark) #13

Okay! I did something really weird for this --- I actually made a scene that is simultaneously an entry for both this challenge and the 3d scanning challenge! O: --- Not sure if you all (staff) will accept it for either, but its worth a shot and it was a fun weird new thing to do:

(Nebulousflynn) #14

I don't think that's a problem at all - very efficient if you ask me :slight_smile:

(Nebulousflynn) #15

:ocean::ocean::ocean:aaaaaand we're done!:ocean::ocean::ocean:

Thanks to everyone who entered - not an easy challenge to get into but some really creative entries.

We'll be putting on our judging hats this week and a winner will be announced on Friday!

:droplet::sunny::rainbow:

(Skyeshark) #16

Awesome, glad my weird Mashup is still a valid entry for both, :slight_smile:

(Nebulousflynn) #17

The judges have voted! Thanks everyone for your refreshing entries!

:speaking_head: The winner of this month's Simulation Challenge is...

:medal: Refreshing Sweet Sweet Sweet Summer by Adox :medal:

We hope you all enjoyed taking part and do let us know what you think about us doing more simulation based challenges in the future...