[ENDED] Sketchfab Store Challenge: Low Poly Furniture & Home

store
challenge

(Nebulousflynn) #1

The saying goes ‘there’s no place like home!’ and that’s certainly true of this month’s Store Seller exclusive challenge. We’re focussing on another top-selling category, Furniture & Home, with a twist – everything in a low poly and/or hand painted style.

TL;DR: create a low poly 3D model – or better yet several models to make a pack – for the Home & Furniture category . Upload it to the Sketchfab Store, set the price, category, and tag it #StoreFurnitureChallenge.

Be sure to read the blog announcement for full rules + prize details:

(BITBOT) #2

I love game

(Nebulousflynn) #3

Just giving this post a bump!

One week left and only two (great!) entries - if you’re a seller on the Store with some low poly chops, now’s the time to enter and win paid promo of your work!

:couch_and_lamp:

(Derek Prinzi) #4

Here’s my entry, a 3 pack of modern tower fans
Looking forward to seeing everyones entries!

(Spyros F) #5

Hello everyone! I was late to discover this challenge, but for the time that is left I plan to make a pack of 2 or 3 modern stylish lamps for interior visualizations. Thank you.

(Skyie) #6

Hi everyone! I have a furniture pack with varying polycount (biggest piece has around 8000 tris), is it OK to enter the challenge with these? Example: `

Canopy Bed WIP by Runemark on Sketchfab

(Andy Begg) #7

I only spotted this competition on Friday, but it’s something I have been wanting to make for a while, so I thought I would give it a shot.

So how low is low poly? I’m currently roughly maxing about 1000 triangles for the larger items.

Here is my current progress, still want to try and make a few more items before I get to unwrapping and texturing.

(Andy Begg) #8

Finished, that was a tough couple of days. I hope you like it. :slight_smile:

(Mmkh) #9

Hello, I heard of this challenge fairly last minute and was getting back into the swing of low-poly 3D handpainted things. I just submitted a simple furniture pack, hope it means something. :slight_smile: https://skfb.ly/6A9rG

(Nebulousflynn) #10

Challenge Over!

Thanks for all the entries, we’ll be judging and announcing a winner later this week.

(Nebulousflynn) #11

…and the winner is…

Retro Living Room by @AndyBegg

Thanks to everyone who entered, some great models - wishing you all the best with sales on your Stores!

(Andy Begg) #12

Nice, thanks!