[ENDED] Sketchfab Store Challenge: Original Superhero

This week the Sketchfab Store team challenges you to create an original superhero—pay attention to the uniqueness of your character, their superpowers and characteristics. Your imagination and creativeness will be the key here.

Full rules and prize details can be found in the blog announcement:

1 Like

Update: the challenge deadline has been extended by two weeks! Submissions are now due by Monday, April 19, 2021, 11:59pm EDT.

2 Likes

This challenge resulted in some super superheros with superb backstories. Great work, everyone!

And the winners are...

First Place: The Backpacker by @FlyingIllustration

“Lovely idea and backstory with very good technical execution, the various different animations created are really taking it to the next level!” - Phil (@saphires)

"Good execution and art direction. The character silhouette is innovative and the materials combine well with the overall surface detail. I love the map stuck into his vest, it adds story-telling and a small hint into his personality. Hat and frying pan looks great as well! " - Luis (@redy)

“Amazing across the board! Love it.” - Avtandil (@avic)

“I love the animation and the idea of using a rather slow creature to use his powers for speed.” - Alex (@dark_minaz)

Second Place: Jacob the meat hook by @zeyadibrahim000

“I like the setup, the artist definitely thought about presentation and character.” - Avtandil (@avic)

“Very nice presentation and I like the story even if it’s mostly just Gangs of New York but as mutants.” - Alex (@dark_minaz)

“This excels in technical execution and the background story is really great!” - Phil (@saphires)

Third Place: Octagal! by EonSculpts

“I think the tiny fishes are really a nice touch for quite the unique superhero.” - Alex (@dark_minaz)

“Love the colors! Her backstory is very rich alongside the character design. Bubbles as a superpower is great!” - Luis (@redy)

“The backstory, pose, and color scheme are perfect for this unique low poly superhero concept.” - Abby (@abbyec)

2 Likes

Congrats to everyone on amazing work! :raised_hands: