[ENDED] Sketchfab Texturing Challenge: Beverage Can

texturing

(Nebulousflynn) #1

We just pulled this ice cold can out of the fridge but aren’t sure what’s in it. Maybe you could help? Download the model and get texturing!

TL:DR: Download and texture the supplied beverage can using your favorite texturing workflow, upload it to Sketchfab and tag it with #SketchfabCanChallenge. Be sure to credit dark-minaz and link to his model.

Be sure to read the blog post for full rules and prize details:

(Shaderbytes) #2

A quick entry to get things going :wink:

(Shaderbytes) #3

why is no thumbnail loading for the embed…?

(Jessykat) #4

I can see the thumbnail just fine :3

(Shaderbytes) #5

yes i see it now as well must have been some backend delay :wink:

(Nebulousflynn) #6

wowz - that was fast!

hope the contents of the can aren’t all shaken up… :boom:

(Belware Arts) #7

Hey,
Is there any limitations? Like number of textures used or size?
Thank you!

(anaroeto) #8

Hi! I would like to join the challenge, my first challenge :slight_smile: . I want to do something related with grog, the drink of Monkey Island. Let’s see how I do here :wink:

(Hamidz90) #9

Here’s my entry for the challenge, hope you guys like it.

(Autentikum) #10

Hi everyone, this is my first challenge, this is my entry for the challenge… Because this is my first challenge, I’d appreciate very much some c&c…

(Dark Minaz) #11

Very nice entry, a bit dirty but i really like the idea behind the starcraft. The text got a few typos as well but aside from those 2 minor things it looks like a very cool idea.

(Dark Minaz) #12

As per the rules on the blog post, no you can add more materials, if needed you can even change the uv. Limitations are not really existing but mostly a 4k texture should be enough for such a model.

But if you want to create 4 materials with 8k each that would be fine as well if needed. Probably a bit overkill though :slight_smile:

(Iggy Design) #13

Hello, i made this. https://sketchfab.com/models/75eab58c766b43d7868c25b8ded2e763

It just took me over as soon as i saw ir,had to try it out. :slight_smile:

(Dashpig) #14

Here’s my entry. Feedback would be awesome :wink:

(Nebulousflynn) #15

nope - go nuts!

@dark_minaz offers good advice tho :slight_smile:

(Shaderbytes) #16

Agree with DM , the first sign of a novice entry is to much wear and tear on the surfaces. It is kind of like people who first learn to use photoshop … everything gets copious amounts of drop shadow and bevel. As the artist grows they learn to tone those down considerably or even leave them out.

The same logic applies to 3d texturing , in the beginning artists abuse the wear and tear just because it is there and easy to add, later they learn to moderate it and not use it everywhere. Nothing wrong in using it and that might be the look you wanted, but im just saying this because it might not be and is just the product of beginner patterns. If this is not the case ignore what i said, if it is perhaps practice moderation in this contest and moderate/refine your wear and tear.

hth

(Shaderbytes) #17

Another entry just to keep the fun rolling… very looking forward to this game after the “mighty 9” fiasco…

(Belware Arts) #18

I just finished my entry for this contest! I had a lot of fun designing and texturing my can. Good luck to everyone!

(Siejang85) #19

Hi, guys. I present to you Steaky! It’s delicious. Thumbs up!

(Autentikum) #20

Thanks for the guidelines, I’ll fix that… Maybe my can will look better if I get the wear and dirt off and leave just some really fine wear to keep it realistic… Thanks again! :slight_smile: