[ENDED] Sketchfab Texturing Challenge: Guitar

This week we challenge you to download and texture this guitar, originally by konvikkor and retopologized and UV unwrapped by Sketchfab Master Mieke Roth, upload it to Sketchfab, and tag it #GuitarTexturingChallenge.

Full rules and prize details on the blog:

6 Likes

Figured id give it a shot :wink:

8 Likes

Looks really cool :slight_smile: I am considering texturing a guitar as well, but not for the challenge though. I am not allowed :stuck_out_tongue:

Just realized there are some fliped faces on the knobs :wink:
If someone runs into problems while baking … thats the issue

Good luck und a lot of fun for every paticipant :hugs:

Here is my entry :slight_smile:

15 Likes

You are definitely allowed to participate, you just won’t win :wink:

@dark_minaz I’m starting to enjoy more and more that dark minaz signature style… Nice job :+1:

3 Likes

thanks :wink: yeah sometimes you just need to slap your name on stuff

1 Like

Had some fin with it! GL to all!

8 Likes

Had a break from school to do this! Everyone’s guitars are looking great!

5 Likes

My entry.

5 Likes

Here’s my entry! This was a really fun challenge! I definitely had fun with it and all the other guitars look so great!

4 Likes

And here is my job! I think a little later I will publish another

4 Likes

4 Likes

3 Likes

#GuitarTexturingChallenge.

I decided to participate in this challenge.

Here my plan of texturing.

The history of the guitar is as follows: It is a guitar of a mechanic from a small town in Texas who must combine his duty as a mechanic, with his passion that is to play the guitar, so as soon as he can leave the tools, he sits on a pile of tires and play a concert remembering his great idol “David Bowie”. The combination of mechanical dirt and the passion for music can be seen on the poor Gibson.

4 Likes

Hi there, this is my proposal for the challenge :guitar:

4 Likes

I was asked this question in a private message, sharing it and the answer here in case it is useful to anyone else:

can I create sculpted details and bake them to a texture? or can I only paint textures?

Answer:
You can create texture maps (colour, normal, roughness etc.) in any way you like, as long as your challenge entry is only the original model geometry + your textures. Editing UVs, flipping necessary normals etc. is allowed.

4 Likes

Textured another guitar. This time I decided to texture the 1958 Les Paul Standard Slash Brazilian Dream, whereas my other one was my attempt without recreating a specific look.

7 Likes

My first entry for this challenge! Working on an other comming soon :slight_smile:

Had some fun playing with texture projection mapping and emissive :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I try to bake the whole scene on glass here, Have Fun!
I am tweaking a raw/full? version and a character showcase to show how it works, wait a minute~

6 Likes