[ENDED] Sketchfab Texturing Challenge: Shoes!

(Bart) #1

This week we’re turning our attention to fashion! Grab this pair of sneakers by kenprol and texture your heart out. Adding a bit of geometry here and there is allowed but be sure to concentrate on the paint job and textures!

We’ve teamed up with Allegorithmic who are providing a full year of Substance Indie and a bag of Substance swag (total value of $275) for TWO lucky winners!

Be sure to read up on all the prizes, rules and guidelines in the announcement blog post:

(Dark Minaz) #2

The idea was great as it was something i never really did before with texturing so i decided to instantly give it a shot :slight_smile:

(Bart) #3

Great work Alex! :slight_smile:

(Shaderbytes) #4

here is my entry to get things more going:

https://sketchfab.com/models/f24b620bb61d486aa0d1d463a6c37520

and for some reason the embed is not displaying :

(Megantyler) #5

Made some Stranger Things inspired shoes!

(Shaderbytes) #6

nice one i liked the series as well

(Joshuawhittaker) #7

I'm planning on making something vapor wave inspired but with a retro movie vibe. Should be cool lets see what happens! Great idea for a contest!

(Alexandru Ritter von Totojeskul) #8

Quick question about the rules.

Is it legit to create an design for an existing brand and set everthing up like its advertisement ?
(to be clear the design of the shoe ist 100% self made just the logo / brand related pattern or symbol would be on it.)

(Dark Minaz) #9

should be fine, although you could just make up your own brand :slight_smile:
as long as you mention in the info "No affiliated with Nike, made for the sketchfab texturing contest - and the credit" i hardly think it would become problem :slight_smile:

(Alexandru Ritter von Totojeskul) #10

Thanks

(Ab Red) #11

interesting! this is kinda silly.. but, i can't seems to download the model, it's been the 4th trial btw :frowning:

(Bart) #12

I just tested and it works fine. What's the issue?

(Mageaster) #13

I will try to make something... traditional.

(Szebi001) #14

Hi All,

I have an issue you could see below. I just opened the .obj file in substance painter and the inside part of the shoe is affected. I tried to export it again from 3ds max based on the file of the software but it was the same. Some tips? I just would like to learn new skills with this challenge. :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot!

BR

(Dark Minaz) #15

the inside is single sided on some parts, meaning it won't show in substance painter, but show in sketchfab if you have double sided on :stuck_out_tongue:

(Luca Patane90) #16

These are my shoes, I was inspired by Marvel!

(Agerin) #17

Hi! Here’s my entry for the contest, I hope everybody will get the reference ;).

(Ab Red) #18

it always stops at the middle of download progression, but it works now :smiley:

(Marcclintdion) #20

Here's my entry :slight_smile:

@Bart When I try to view the model in fullscreen, the page flickers then drops back down to the regular view and the model has to reload.
I can view all the other entries in fullscreen and I can also view this model in fullscreen if I go to my page. I've seen this happen with other people's models in the past.
Is there some other way to add links that will avoid this issue? I just used the Hyperlink button and pasted the link that was provided when I published the model.

(Pedramashoori) #21

My entry to the Leather Shoes Texture Contest.Hope you like it!:smiley:
https://sketchfab.com/models/e24e9d260fa34ad0bc4d87dd96624a51