[ENDED] Sketchfab Voxel Challenge: My Ideal Planet

(Bart) #1

Howdy! Here's where you can post your WIPs for the new Voxel Challenge, or just chat about hand sculpting and get inspiration for your entry.

To enter, be sure to add the #VoxelPlanet tag to your scene.

(Rybird) #2

I wasn't even aware of Voxels a week ago. Thank you for the opportunity to learn and have fun. My contribution is Handshake Nebula, a star system like two hands shaking here.

(Bart) #3

You first voxel work? Nice! What did you create it with?

(Rybird) #4

Thank you, but I didn't think of this until you asked the question. I am results oriented so I looked at it as the goal was to end up with voxels where now I realize the contests goal was to start with voxels. My work flow was Sculptris, Meshlab, Online Voxelizer, Magicavoxel, Meshlab, Online Voxelizer, Sketchfab. While some of the work was actually done n the Magicavoxels, as in polishing up the shape and creating voides,, this is not a pure voxel work from beginning to end. Let me know if I need to withdraw by removing the tags and the post from the contest. And again. thank you.

(Elbriga) #5

wow, pretty unique style :slight_smile: nice!

(Rybird) #6

Thank you!, It's because I don't know what I am doing, thus dabble like splashing in the water. :slight_smile:

(Quarinah) #7

This is a WIP of what's gonna be my entry for the contest, still need to fiddle around with a bit.
My first try on voxels ever, so i took a kinda odd approach to it, but in the end managed to put together a fast and efficient workflow.

(Mariosonic500) #9

This is what i have so far

(Kluchek) #10

I think the planet is finished and now i can build scene. Still a lot of work to do. I don't want to let out everything:)

(sirkitree) #11

Here's my first entry, mostly playing with creating terrain in SculptrVR.

(Bart) #12

Hey folks, I really enjoy seeing these entries come in! Don't forget to share them on social media and tell your voxel friends about the challenge :slight_smile:

(Elbriga) #13

loving what I see so far ;D congrats guys, keep it up! :slight_smile:

(Alexnotkin) #14

Hello! I made this cube planet sketch in less than an hour. Just another simple example. As ideal as the cube! I used 126x126 pngs for texturing my cube. Is it acceptable for the contest?

(sirkitree) #15

My second entry is a cube world with various seasons on various sides.

(Mariosonic500) #16

Done: https://sketchfab.com/models/236fa0a77215415aa5f99eba9599abbd

(Chaitanyak) #17

this is the 2nd thing i ever created on Magic Voxel, was so much fun :slight_smile:
I wanted to create an odd planetoid with a micro ecosystem and weird geological anomalies.. due to low gravity

thanks to @elbriga for the excellent tutorial on the Magicvoxel-sketchfab workflow - https://blog.sketchfab.com/complete-guide-importing-magicavoxel-sketchfab/

(Chaitanyak) #18

we'll need to see the model itself to figure out.. wether it qualifies as voxel art :slight_smile:
how about sharing the sketchfab version?

(Chaitanyak) #19

@sirkitree and @mariosonic500 play with the lighting settings in sketchfab.. also try turning on SSAO in the effects tab.

heres what it did for my model(default SSAO settings):

Before:

After:

(Chaitanyak) #20

these are my material and lighting settings.. if someone has a better setup for voxels, please share!

(Hightingale) #21

Hey, my turn!
There may be a time when we will have to leave the nest.