[ENDED] Sketchfab X Mozilla Hubs: Interdimensional Art Event

sketchfab-x-mozilla-hubs-2021-challenge-blog-header-2048x683

Sketchfab has once again partnered with Mozilla Hubs for an out-of-this-world challenge!

This time around we want you to model a weird & wonderful VR-ready art gallery space or avatar for a chance to win a wealth of digital creative goodies! (Please note that no VR headset is required to enter this challenge.)

4 Likes

:loudspeaker: We’re very glad to announce the winners to this challenge!

Inter-dimensional Art Gallery Winners

:1st_place_medal: 1st Place - Interdimensional Art Gallery - floating platform by ElinHohler

“A beautiful space with lots of attention to detail. Fits the theme perfectly; clearly a lot of thought went into the design. Even a custom nav mesh was used. Impressive!” - Christian, Mozilla Hubs

:2nd_place_medal: 2nd Place - Terrarium - for Mozilla Hubs! by jordan.elevons

“I love the realism of the scene and how optimized and well it performs in Hubs. The environment is like a natural abstract gallery in the middle of an earth looking alien world, it’s simple but effective. I love the plant’s texture work and the use of alphas to set that foggy mood.” - Manuel, Mozilla Hubs

:3rd_place_medal: 3rd Place - Neo-Eden 1.0 Art Gallery by elmau

“The concept of the gallery itself fitting the theme of the artwork inside is very unique. At the same time, the use of glows and transparency really follows the larger ‘interdimensional’ theme. Being able to see the background so clearly gives a great sense of depth and a feeling that there’s a larger world surrounding you.” – Jim, Mozilla Hubs

Inter-dimensional Art Avatar Winners

:1st_place_medal: 1st Place - Avatar from another dimension by Matotitou

“Unique and beautifully made. The colors and shapes are really pleasing and elegant—I can absolutely envision this character at an interdimensional art event.” – Abby, Sketchfab

“I like the originality and how optimized is this avatar. It’s charming and cute and the hand painted style allow it to perform great and have some nice unlit shading in Hubs.” – Manuel, Mozilla Hubs

:3rd_place_medal: 3rd Place - Mr. Eye 5 by FABulous7

“Really cute and creative. His little art critic hat and thoughtful pose made me chuckle. Could make a really fun Hubs avatar.” – Christian, Mozilla Hubs

Thanks again to everyone who took part :pray:

We will be contacting winners to arrange prize fulfillment soon.

1 Like