Episode II - Attack of the Clones: Yoda vs Dooku /Annotations /

(Emmanuel De Bernard) #1

Hi... This is my first time in a contest...

These are my first sketches of Yoda... I can't wait to see him modeled... :wink: :blush:

Please give me your opinion... :smiley:

(Bart) #2

Thanks for joining! I have added a Sketchfab PRO licence to your account until December 11 so you can upload larger files and use up to 20 annotations.

(Emmanuel De Bernard) #3

thank you... I have a question... I need to upload my models on my account and then share the embed code here, right? :smiley:

(Emmanuel De Bernard) #4

My first model... what do you thing about it? :smiley:

Count Dooku Lightsaber - Low Poly by siremmanuelintong1st on Sketchfab

(Bart) #5

It's a good start :smile: And yeah, it's great if you post 3D models here. Screenshots or renders are fine too, but of coures we prefer embeds :smile:

(Bart) #6

I've just posted a contest update. Enjoy!

(Emmanuel De Bernard) #7

Yoda's lightsaber (Textureless)

Yoda Lightsaber by siremmanuelintong1st on Sketchfab

(Andersdt) #8

Yo! It's looking good, but I can't help seeing that you've used a sub-surf for that lightsaber ;( I think you should model it with fewer vertices and therefore making it a bit sharper, unless you're giving a soft/smooth look to your other models. I hope it helped :wink:

(Emmanuel De Bernard) #9

Sure... thanks... :wink: ...

(Emmanuel De Bernard) #10

Count Dooku's Solar Sailer... /WIP/... :wink:

(Dark Minaz) #12

reminds me a bit on ratchet from ratchet and clank :stuck_out_tongue:
joda young is this one

The mechanical objects look a bit to smooth though, maybe try to do the boarders with bevel or by hand (edge loop around and then little tweak with the edge line)

But i am now quite interested in how your joda will turn out :smile:

(Emmanuel De Bernard) #13

Actually I am having some smoothing problems with the sabers, because I don't want edges to be sharp and I dont know if I can smooth them here... but I am fixing it right now ... ha... :stuck_out_tongue: ... and I think this Yoda is more like "Brain"... just wait for Obi-Pinky-Kenobi (just kidding)... lol...

(Dark Minaz) #14

just hit "3" on your keyboard, thats preview smooth, and then give the corners that need less "smooth" an edge loop.
Also preview smooth helps sometimes when you fuck up the geometry :smiley:

at least that's how i try if i can smooth certain things when i don't really care about the polycount in the end :smile:

(Emmanuel De Bernard) #15

Yeaph... Actually I do it on Maya to see it smooth... but I can't do it when I upload the obj to sketchfab... do I?

(Dark Minaz) #16

sketchfab uses the "1" mode of the model, so yeah you gotta smooth it to the extend of what you want it to upload in the end :smile:

(Emmanuel De Bernard) #19

/WIP/ My almost finished Master Yoda Model... :stuck_out_tongue:
I need to model that Hoodie-Robe-Thing that he uses over his clothes... :P... so, what do you think?

(Emmanuel De Bernard) #20

Sooooo.... I am back with my Yoda textured... :3 :smile:

Yoda by siremmanuelintong1st on Sketchfab

(Kirill) #21

Hey, great work so far! Looking forward to see the result!
I've had the same issue with export from maya, took me some time to figure out. If you use normal mesh > smooth it doesn't smooth the mesh in the same way as "3" does as it uses slightly different algorithm and doesn't take on account, for example, creased edges. What you can do is to use Modify > Convert > Smooth Mesh Preview to Polygons. :wink:

(Emmanuel De Bernard) #22

Thanks... I'll try it... to see what happens... :smiley: ... :wink: ...

(Emmanuel De Bernard) #23

So, now Dooku has come to the party... :stuck_out_tongue: ...

Dooku by siremmanuelintong1st on Sketchfab