Fantastic Park // WIP (Ended !)

zbrush
3dsmax

(Yannick Deharo) #1

Hello everybody !! I’m Yannick, from France. I don’t post a lot of things on Sketchfab because I’m the kind of person who begins huge personal projects and quite never ends them ! Could this forum conjure the curse ?! :smiley: The only finished work I posted here was “Young girl asleep”. I’m glad it became a little bit popular in a few months so I want to share other projects with you.

3D modelling is a passion for me, but I can’t find the time to create as often as I want. These days, I’m working on a diorama with a Dragon, inspired by Jurassic Park. I already posted a first look of “Raptor dragon” (the following sketchfab player) but I just find three or four hours by weeks to work on it, so that gave me the Idea to create a topic where I can share my progress with you, for this project and others. I will be very happy to discover your impressions and advices, especially since I am self-taught with Zbrush ! If you are interested to follow my projects, get on board, 'very happy to travel with you !

Do not hesitate to ask me to rephrase, my English speaking is perhaps not as good as I would like.

NOW, HERE ARE SOME RECENT PICTURES OF MY FANTASTIC PARK PROJECT :

1 / Three steps :
Basemesh, 3DS Max | Myology study, Zbrush | Smoothed muscles, Zbrush

2/ New Dentition less “cartoon” and sculpture of the gums

3/ Close-up to show you my current work on the surface

4/ I offer you the tiled map I create to the dragon scales
(Not as regular as those of real reptiles). Feel free to use it, just let me know… I wanna see the result ! :slight_smile:

See you soon ! :smile:

(Yannick Deharo) #2

I worked the inside of wings and details on the chest, the "nose" and the horns.

(Vrhuman) #3

Just came back to see if you continued on this dragon. Very cool breakdown.
I know the struggle of completing big projects. For this we have communities like sketchfab :smiley:
Now make me proud and keep this updated :rocket:

(Yannick Deharo) #4

Hi @vrhuman ! I keep working on this ! Thank for your message. I will post new pictures soon ! :smiley:

(Yannick Deharo) #5

Hi ! I add some big scales on the legs, hands and tail. I believe I will work the colours until now !

(Yannick Deharo) #7

I added some feathers. Maybe I will add a few ones on the forearms also. What do you think about that ?

Another view, more "sketch".

(Yannick Deharo) #8

I really love the feathers !! But now it's enough ^^

(Paulchambers3d) #9

Looks great Yannick. Thanks for sharing your work in progress.

Do you have any kind of pose rig in place?

(Yannick Deharo) #10

Hi @paulchambers3d ! Welcome here ! And thank you :wink:

I haven't any pose rig for now. Just an idea of the scene I want to make. I made some sketches first, but I haven't them anymore.

I think I will make a Low poly version with a simple rig and I will wrap the HighRes model upon before to put it in a cool position... After that, I will fix the High poly version on Zbrush and I will bake the details on the low poly version as Normal map / Cavity map / Diffuse map / Ambiant Occlusion... with "XNormals".
If everything succeed, That can be cool !

But the project is far to be over... I have other big objets to add !

Love the detail in the body! Thanks for sharing.

(Yannick Deharo) #12

Thank you @seori !

Currently, I started to think about the colors. My first inspirations came from black and white tegu and this colored... iguana ?... I believe I'll put some bright colors underneath the black stains.

Here is the very beginning of my reflection, but I wanted to share it with you :sweat_smile:.

(Gmiezis) #13

Hey Yannick!
I really like the precision on your modeling. Every detail is nice and crisp.
I'm not much of an anatomy expert, but that shoulder needs some fixing.
Here's what i mean:

(Yannick Deharo) #14

Hey @gmiezis, thank you for your sketch (And for the compliments too :smiley:)

I'm not sure I want to came back to the myology work, but the thing you point is relevant... I have a trip to Paris this weekend so I can't fix it right now... Next week I'll try to do something about this, but if it's too long I'll re-focus on the colors..

I don't feel ease with the color work so there are too much temptation to procrastinate this task... I really have to face my own dragon ! ^^

(Yannick Deharo) #15

Hey @gmiezis . I tried something on the shoulders. I prefer the new version, so thank you ! But maybe that isn't enough... I'm not an anatomy master either and I don't want his arms too much muscular. What do you think about ? :relaxed:

(Gmiezis) #16

Looks like an improvement to me!
I think i now understand the style you are going for, so making his arms too muscular wouldn't work. You are correct there!
Keep it up! :slight_smile:

(Jamesculley) #17

Love the detail here!

(Yannick Deharo) #18

Hi !

Very hard to find time to work on my project, these days... I post this to say "I'm alive" but colouring isn't over at all !

I setuped the basic contrasts, but there will be colors instead of the white areas...
The black ones will be dark areas, but not necesserly "deep black". I imagine some brown shades...

Sorry for this very tiny progress, I will work more before next news !

(Yannick Deharo) #19

Okay, as I said, I really dislike the coloring step... So, without any obligation, it took me a lot of time to reach my final color concept... But now it's over, I can keep on the work !

(Yannick Deharo) #20

Hi! I come back with this project.
I couldn't work on it for months, but I'm back with new goals which should help me to keep going !
The eye will not be white at the end, and I will add little adjustments on the claws.

(Ostapblendercg) #21

Magnificent work! So clean and tight!