Feature Request: Re-Upload Model Courtesy Message

(Acornbringer) #1

Hi There!

I found out all to late that re-uploading a model actually resets my scene instead of replacing the mesh and keeping my settings. I think it would be really nice, especially for newcomers, to have an explicit warning before re-uploading a model that states the current scene will be replaced with a new one. If possible, It would be an even greater step to make re-uploading a model replace the model in a scene and keep all the settings. Perhaps their could even be a mesh manager panel inside the 3D scene editor so we can freely update a mesh as we need.

Thanks smile

(Mrchlblng) #2

hey @acornbringer,

totally agree with you that the reupload behavior can be surprising for users.

Actually we're working on reupload improvements (see e.g. http://forum.sketchfab.com/t/can-i-save-the-materials/2650) in order to keep everything that can be kept from previous upload and we'll likely improve the help at the same time! Hope this will meet your expectations!

Updating your model
(Acornbringer) #3

Okay great! I didn't see that post. That's good to hear its on the table smile

(Mrchlblng) #4

Hey @acornbringer, we've just released a better reupload and we now try to preserve everything we can upon reupload (see the HC article). Let us know if that suits your needs!

(Acornbringer) #5

Awesome! I'm excited to check it out! Thanks for letting me know. I'll report back if I notice anything funny.