[Feature suggest] Save thumbnail and initial camera view separately

feature-request

(Lizardsking) #1

Hello guys, can't find the topic for feature suggestions. Hope you can help me.

Right now we have button in 3d view "Save view", which says "Save thumbnail AND initial camera view"
Can we separate this one in two buttons?
Personally I work with 3d models of jewellery so I want my initial camera view to be far away from the model so it would be almost real life size on screen, however I want my model on thumbnail to be full size so I could see what it is.
I guess there are many other situations when you want separate thumbnail and initail camera view.
Any way we can get this feature?

(Shaderbytes) #2

its a great idea I fully agree it would be very useful if this was possible.

There used to be a behavior similar to this, but many users found it confusing. It could make sense to bring it back, or to have two separate buttons. We'll discuss.

(Shaderbytes) #5

you could leave the current button with current functionality as is but add a "advanced" text button beneath the current button. When you click that then it can proceed to split the button above into two buttons :slight_smile:

(Nomadking) #6

I can definitely see the use in this feature as I've bumped into difficulties a few times when trying to pick the 'perfect' shot that works well in a thumbnail and initial view (usually with models that are taller than they are wide).

So +1 from me! :slight_smile:

(Dark Minaz) #7

that would be a great feature :stuck_out_tongue: so add another +1
got a few models that would benefit from that