Feedback on Model

(JERSIED) #1

Hello, I'd appreciate your feedback/input on Jersied's Hockey Player Model.

I paid an artist to build this model for me which I use on my website for custom hockey jerseys (I upload new textures to the model for different designs that I do). Overall I really like the work he's done but it's not quite perfect for me and I'm struggling to provide him with guidance as he comes to the finish line as I don't have a history of working with 3D artists. He's still working on it for me and hasn't yet posed the model so now is a good time for me to provide him with one last batch of feedback/ideas.

I gave him the model from EA's NHL game as a reference.

My main issue with the model is it looks skinny and slightly out of proportion, especially in the lower half, but I can't totally put my finger on it. The pants and legs look much smaller than that of the EA NHL model, but I'm not sure that's the only problem.

What feedback would you give? How would you help guide the artist to make this a better model?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

(Nihal Rahman Nahin) #2

Can You Give Us A Link To It

Also Sketchfab Has Some "Limitations" Of Wireframes, Specially If You Have N-gons (Faces With 4 Veticeces )

And Did You Upload The Model Using And Of Sketchfab's Exporters, If So Remove Any Modifiers To It,

It Would Be Best If You Gave Me A Link To Your Models Showcase
So I Can Specifiy The Problem To Your Solution

(JERSIED) #3

Thanks for your answer Nihal. The link to the model is in the first scentnce of my post above.

(Nihal Rahman Nahin) #4

As This Is A 3D Model, The Cloths Are Stuck To The Body If You Know What I Mean, On The Game Or So The Pants Are Physics Based SO They Are "Wider"

And Give Your Camera Atleast 35 Degrees FOV Or Recommened 45 Degree, Or Everything looks Plain And Dull And Has No "Depth"

(Nihal Rahman Nahin) #5

You Can Scale The Models Cloths By Using Any 3D Software